2000 SI Trasmission or new transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ALEXBECK23

N/A boost=Turbo boost
I have a 2000 civic SI coupe it’s stock right now but I have big plans for it I want to go turbo on it and try to go over 400hp but right know I’m having problems with my clutch and I don’t know if replace it for a twin plate or replace the whole transmission but my question is witch transmission will be perfect for my car If I want to go turbo on it or if I just replace the final drive and the gears for closer ones to get more power on the transmission that I already have please help me out?? Also I will be replacing the block for a GS-R or a B-20 but I don’t know witch one will be perfect for turbo.

just replace the clutch

when you replace the block you're going to pull the motor/trans anyway so you can do whatever tranny changes at that time, if go with a trans for a turbo motor now its going to suck ass N/A

why are you going twin disk?

2000 SI Trasmission

i'm going twin disck because is the most agressive clutch in the market and it can also handle a lot of power

2000 SI Trasmission

so what shoul i do change the trasmission or re-build the one that it already has???? what woul be better

a 2000 SI tranny shouldnt be busted already unless you cant drive worth a damn.. but if you're going boost, i'd go with a GSR tranny.. tad longer gearing than the b16/itr. .. shorter the gearing, the less traction you're going to have

i'm going twin disck because is the most agressive clutch in the market and it can also handle a lot of power
aggressive = less streetable

I’m having problems with my clutch

clutch problems does not mean transmission problems
you're not being very clear here

there's no need to rebuild a trans if you're having a problem with the clutch

2000 si Transmission

well when i bought the the car the clutch was already no good. but how about if i just change the gears for after market ones is it going to be the same as the GS-R or it's better if i go for the GS-R Tranny..

you're not getting me here
if your trans is good, and you still have a stock motor, there is no need to dump ANY money in that transmission right now

save your money and get the motor, or turbo done first

there is no point in a GSR trans on a stock B16 when you have a perfectly good B16 trans on it already
once you upgrade the motor you can upgrade the trans

upgrading the trans right now will hurt performance

2000 si Tranny

well i noe dat. dat clutch problems dont mean tranny problem, but like i said before i want to go turbo, i'm not having problem with my tranny yet just the clutch dats it. so now do you recomend me to re-build the whole trasmission for the turbo or just the cluth wat would be better if get a lot of horse power???

drop in an clutch and drive the car

worry about the transmission when you get it boosted

now i get it. i'm going to take your advise and work on that block first and live the tranny for last.. Thanks for your advise

a 2000 SI tranny shouldnt be busted already unless you cant drive worth a damn.. but if you're going boost, i'd go with a GSR tranny.. tad longer gearing than the b16/itr. .. shorter the gearing, the less traction you're going to have

Isn't it better to have shorter gears and fix traction issues through other means? Tires, traction bar, suspension, LSD, etc.? I guess it kinda depends on your budget.

And to the OP: why is this in the member's lounge?

Last edited:
1st 2nd and 3rd are going to be roughly the same between the S4C and GSR tranny. 4th and 5th are slightly longer in the GSR, so it'll be a better highway cruiser.

Back