2000 SI Trasmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ALEXBECK23

N/A boost=Turbo boost
I have a 2000 civic SI coupe it’s stock right now but I have big plans for it I want to go turbo on it and try to go over 400hp but right know I’m having problems with my clutch and I don’t know if replace it for a twin plate or replace the whole transmission but my question is with transmission will be perfect for my car If I want to go turbo on it or if I just replace the final drive and the gears for closer ones to get more power on the transmission that I already have please help me out?? Also I will be replacing the block for a GS-R or a B-20 but I don’t know witch one will be perfect for turbo

I couldn't understand anything you typed, all I know is something about your transmission, turbo, and GS-R and B20. I assume by B20 you mean CR-V?

I have a 2000 civic SI coupe it’s stock right now but I have big plans for it I want to go turbo on it and try to go over 400hp but right know I’m having problems with my clutch and I don’t know if replace it for a twin plate or replace the whole transmission but my question is with transmission will be perfect for my car If I want to go turbo on it or if I just replace the final drive and the gears for closer ones to get more power on the transmission that I already have please help me out?? Also I will be replacing the block for a GS-R or a B-20 but I don’t know witch one will be perfect for turbo

The Si transmission already has short gears, you don't need to replace them.

Wow... Punctuation is your friend.

Looking at this again, I have more to add...

You don't get power from your transmission. Gears and final drives don't generate power, they dictate how useful your engine's power is and how quickly you can get to it. Shorter gears will get you up through the RPMs faster to where your motor makes it's peak power. The final drive helps to keep you there during shifts.

B16 trannies are geared the same as Type R trannies. You already have some of the shortest gears possible, so I'd just stick with it instead of swapping to a GSR gearbox. An LSD and sticky tires will help with traction.

Back