1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Civic cranks but won't start

Discussion in 'Civic - EP, FA, FG' started by Starfinder1208, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Starfinder1208

Starfinder1208 New Member

This car was parked for several months. It had been running fine. When I tried to start it the engine cranks normally but will not fire. Fuel system is functioning fine. Spark plugs have been replaced. It appears that it has lost spark. The coils have been replaced, and it still does not get spark at the plugs. Note: while this car was parked the battery had lost it's charge completely, but has been recharged. Any thoughts??

2. Nykole0408

Nykole0408 New Member

If it's turning over it's not the battery... When you turn the key on can you hear the fuel pump turn on? If it has been sitting for several months, my guess would be bad gas maybe? I'm not super mechanically inclined, so beyond that someone else's wisdom would be better.

3. crxpower24

crxpower24 Member

try the spark plug wire that happen to my crx but it was jst the wires that didnt pass electrisity

4. murray195

murray195 Member

I would be looking at the igniter. A little condensation and lack of use can do more than you'd expect on these distributors.

EDIT: Sorry I was thinking EK lmao

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  5. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted