2001 civic radio flashing "code"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lolmdk

Guys,
I am a new member here and not particularly handy with things in general. The radio on my '01 Civic EX is flashing " code" on the screen. I recently had the 100k service done by a local garage at which time the battery was unhooked. My wife has managed to lose the manual and I can't find the answer on line in the manuals I have seen.

Radio won't work and I am S.O.L ...Am dreading having to go to my local dealer to pay them $'s just to look at it. Any ideas...???:(

MB

If your radio is flashing code, the radio some how lost power, examples, blown fuse or battery recently disconnected. If you pull the radio and take the the serial number to your nearest dealer, they should be able to provide you with the code. Expect a fee to be involved, don't let them charge you a complete 1 hour labor rate if your bring them the serial number. I used to work for honda so i know.

Hey, if you look inside or around the glove box assembly, you might find a 5 digit number on a white sticker that may be your radio code. Also check for that sticker on the radio, if it was replaced some techs put it there.

Back