1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 crv auto transmission

Discussion in 'Trucks and SUV's' started by Clark Wilcox, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Clark Wilcox

Clark Wilcox New Member

Hi, got a new and bigger problem. Forget the a/c for now, trans completely gone: won't move in any gear. I'm looking for a rebuilt trans but can't find any online, mine has SDLA on the sticker. Can't find any reference on Google either. Anyone know which model trans I'm looking for? Its a 2001 CRV lx 2wd with auto trans. Let me know. Thanks, Clark

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I'm thinking any automatic B series transmission? Can't say for sure, but the manual swaps on the 2wd CRVs have been fine with straight Integra transmission donors. Can you find a CRV in a junkyard and pull the automatic?

3. Clark Wilcox

Clark Wilcox New Member

Found a rebuilder in so.cal. $1600.00 for rebuilt with warranty. What a PIA to get that trans out! Finally got it after about 6 hours. Thought I didn't need to drop the axel's: wrong!! You can do it by popping the lower control arms loose and pulling the axels back, however the drivers side has a intermediate shaft that un-bolts and has to come out also. Thanks, Clark

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Wow, $$$! But at least you get a new/fresh transmission.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted