2001 gsr key

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

farmer_jason

i bought a 2001 gsr from a salvage auction it was wrecked in the front and rear the car only has 50k miles on it but i would like to start it before i do my swap the problem is i dont have a key for it is there any bypass around the coded key i removed the ignition assembally so i can turn it over any help would be great

call a locksmith....there is a code in the glove compartment where they can look in a data base and make you a new key......

Originally posted by formby@Sep 13 2005, 09:34 AM
call a locksmith....there is a code in the glove compartment where they can look in a data base and make you a new key......
[post=553621]Quoted post[/post]​

its also on the tumbler as well as the glove box lock mechanism as well. been there done that already. you've got to proove you own the car, that is if you take it to the dealership to have the key made.

well...on the 01 gsr there is a RF chip in the key...so i dont know about that one...my girlfriend has an 01 gsr...and people have attempted to steal it a couple of times, but they couldnt...it was a sitting duck one night, she forgot to set her alarm...they never got it started...did you notice the black ring that went around the key hole...that is for the RF chip...goodluck, thats all i have to say

yup my boy had a 2000 and it got broken into but they couldnt take it u of that chip they just fuck up the ign real bad and he had to get a new one with a new chip. and if the car wass stolen then brought to the salvage yard ur mostlikey shit out of luck and they wont let you get another key made because the car was stolen and the totaled.

if you bought it from an auction then i would assume that you have paperwork from the sale? i would assume that is all that you would need to prove ownership and get a new key. that is what would make sense to me.

Maybe convert it to obd1 run an ECU that doesn't look for the transponder key.
I heard of some people stealing GSRs by carrying around the ecu and key to match it, to get the car started.

Back