2002 Civic Engine swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tsax2002

My son totaled out his 2002 Honda Civic EX but the engine is in great condition and only has 110,000 miles on it.What is the lastest year model Civic or any other Honda that i can swap this engine into with minnimal problems and cost?:confused:

you can swap it into just about any honda you want.

did insurance cash you out? how bad is the damage? can you part it out and make a profit from the buy back cost?

if it's not too bad, i would pull the engine and get him a cheap older civic. don't let him crash another new car. lol

the whole swap itself is only worth about $500-$700. depending on the buyer. but like i said, it depends on the buyback cost, assuming you had insurance.

You want another Civic from the same generation, 2002-2005. Anything else is going to be a bit of a hassle...

He only had liability on the car which is a shame cause it was in excellent condition and he only gave $3000 for it when a friend got a new one and sold this one for her down payment. The bumper is up to the back seat!!Had a guy offer him $1500 like it sits.Just had the timing belt and water pump replaced before the crash as a precaution at 110,000 miles

did he get rear ended? what happened?

if you can get $1500, i would take it. thats only a $1500 loss. next time get full coverage.

Thanks guys for taking the time to reply and offer advice.

Mom? Is that you? Why are you up so late? And why didn't you look at the date? (because this thread is about two years old).

Back