2002 civic, have swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Now first I'm no novice to cars but I'm not a guru like most on here which is why I'm seeking advice and pointers. Ok well my buddy has a 02 civic with the d17 v-tec now he wants to go bigger he wants to put a GS-R in the bay but how difficult would it be I know that I would need axles ecu shift linkage and motor mounts and probley have to rewire for it or could I get something plug and play off rywire. He would also probley consider a k swap but would rather do the GS-R, any pointers and advice is greatly appreticated

B series swaps into 7th+ gen civics are not recommended. Starting in that gen, Honda drastically changed the layout of the car. Not only are there no off the shelf mounts available, most everything will require extensive modification to fit. The K series is designed to go into that chassis. There is tons of aftermarket support for those swaps too.

Thats what I had thought just wasent 100% sure, now I know I'm going to need to make a parts list any advice? I know I need
motor: k20a2 (heard good things about the a2)
mounts: hasport or innovative
ecu: one that goes with motor
shift linkage: ?
Axles: ?
Wiring: ?
Am I missing anything thanks in advance guys

Anyone got any advice on how this swap should go, I have been looking around but haven't found much that could help me out, k20a or k20a2 is the motor I'm looking at and a 6 speed type s tranny... Anyone got any advice at all ot point me in the right direction of where I could obtain the info I'm looking for. Again I'm swapping k20 into 02 civic

Back