2002 civic lx power steering whine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ponykillerh22

boostless and proud!
Ok here goes I just bought a 2002 civic lx and I've had it for about a week I bought it used. And I just noticed that every time I move the steering wheel even the slightest bit it whines kinda loud, and I know nothing about power steering considering I've never had it in any of my cars. The car has a 90 day warrantee so I want to find out what the hell it is so I can go back and tell them what's wrong, instead of them just adding fluid or something so it stops for the time being, because wwe all know dealerships small used ones anyway don't want to spend money and look for the cheap wayout, so I wanna no what it is, like is it the power steering pump. Any advice would be awesome thanks

I just added fluid, and about a half an hour later it was low again, so I've come to the conclusion there's a leak and I think its comin from the resevoir itself because its all wet with steering fluid even after I dried it and u can see where it was leaking down on the frame or some crap and puddling up that's why I haven't seen anything on the ground. But yea it did stop makin noise when I added fluid until it got low again. Thanks for the help.

Back