2002 civic lx question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93vicb16a2

WHATS CRACKIN??
can you put the b16a2 into the 2002 lx??

if so what all is required?

thanxs nick

Never heard it done .. it like the opposite of putting a k motor in an EK (or older Civic). The engine turns the opposite direction, the intake & exhaust are opposite sides, the mounts would be off, etc.. I'd imagine the wiring may cause issues, especially on the more sensitive I-VTEC computer. --The short answer-- It is generally illegal for a street legal vehicle to have an older motor installed in a newer vehicle.

Ive read a while back with some guy putting a type R in an 02 civic lx. Its possible non the less. I dont know how to do it, but it possible.

Taco15 said:
Ive read a while back with some guy putting a type R in an 02 civic lx. Its possible non the less. I dont know how to do it, but it possible.

well i read on 7gencivic.com that it is more $ than to buy a K
custom mounts shift links etc.

93vicb16a2 said:
well i read on 7gencivic.com that it is more $ than to buy a K
custom mounts shift links etc.
so what do you want to do? i mean k series motor alone is a big money issue. what 4000ish online? I havent seen one here in Tally go for less that 5g's. you call man. see what b series motor you want and try to overestimate on the labor and custom work. you might be right and youd prolly save you some money by buying the k and the mounts. sorry man i canty help you too much here. all i know is that it is possible to put a b motor in

Last edited:
well i have not decided yet but i think i am going to wiat till some of the k craze is calmed down and then put a k into it

hell i might start looking for a k24 block and later a k20 head and go fron there
i dont know

Why not boost it? Cheaper then booth and easier to improve later.

well the car has a d17a1(i think) non vtec hith a whole wopping 115 hp
and i am use to my other civic plus i want to try to do the swap
i love challenges lol

93vicb16a2 said:
well the car has a d17a1(i think) non vtec hith a whole wopping 115 hp
and i am use to my other civic plus i want to try to do the swap
i love challenges lol

yeah my girl has the same car. slow as BALLS!!!:lol::lol: man youd better boost the shit out of it or put at least a si k motor.

Back