2002 civic si?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
i am now selling my crx to get something more reliable. i went to the honda dealership an d found a left over 2002 civic si for 16400 with only 27 miles on it. ihave been only researching crx's and need to know a little about the new si. is there a difference between the 02 and 03? what are the best mods for the car with trying to keep stock enternals? and lastly is 16400 a good price or schould i pay 1500 more and buy a 2003?

I will list why everyone hates them...

Big
Heavy
No balls from the showroom
Really bad suspension (where the dual wishbone suspension?)
Ugly
Did I mention big...

Reason to get one...

The RSX type S engine can fit in it
They respond pretty good to boltons
The seats are nice

That is about all I can say.

Your ass should just get two different cars, Rex with motor swap and then soemthing daily. this makes things really easy.

Milan

Originally posted by erebunicrx+Jul 1 2003, 10:43 PM-->
is 16400 a good price or schould i pay 1500 more and buy a 2003?
I work at a Honda dealership...didn't think the new SI was impressive. I like the feel of a b-series better. They pretty much flopped, so you should be able to get one close to invoice....like ~$14.5ish.

erebunicrx
@Jul 1 2003, 10:43 PM
what are the best mods for the car with trying to keep stock enternals?

I/H/E is always a good start. Jackson Racing's new blower did like 206/125. That seems shady for being 2.0 liter and ivtec. An A2, R, or TSX swap down the road would be tight.

erebuni..i dont know where u are, but u can get a brand new civic si here in socal for about 15-16K. i've seen them selling in the paper (dealership ads) for $14,xxx.

i live in ct and i can get one arourd here for that much but if i wanted to get one it was going to be brand new. i think since all the replys im going to get a 5th gen ando a ls/vtec swap. that will be cheaper and smoke the shit out of the 03. also i selling a crx so if anybody wants to trade a 5th gen h/b for a crx let me know!

I learned my mistake about buying a brand new car. Don't do it unless you have tons of $$ and just want to do it to say you got a brand new car. Get an off lease or demo or something like that, you'll save so much money.

buy what you want to buy because you like it. dont let anyone tell you not to buy a car unless they have experience owning it and they can tell you from first hand experience any problems with it

Back