2002 honda civic head work problems 1.7 ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eddieb378

My girfriends 2002 honda civic ex with a 1.7 in it was having over heating problems.we replaced every thing from radiater to thermostat water pump and it still ran hot.Next we decided to pull the head off and check it for cracks and what ever so i carried the head to a local head guy and he found that the head was warped.He took .008 off it so we put every thing back together checked the timing on it and all is right.we started the car up I fired right up and i took it down the road and it wouldnt run but 15 miles an hour.I thought the timing was off so had my mechanic check the timing again and he says its right.I hooked my car md to it and its giving me this code p0505 and im no pro but from what i could make out from the description its saying the timing is off.Can any one help me with this.My girlfriend is about out of money And I am running out of things to check.I will be greatfull for any help you guys might could give me

Thanks, Eddie

Back