2002 S2000 Individual Throttlebodies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

malexander

Hey so can you get individual throttlebodies for a f20c? Also there is no way that a set up with individual throttlebodies will pass smog right?

ITBS on an F20C is a go, I believe TODA makes one of the nicest setups but I havn't been able to find theres for under $2,800 ( NA = empty wallet ). The smog legality depends on where you live I guess.

Last edited:
actually i decided that i don't even want to do that any longer because i was reading on another forum that they are a pain in the ass to tune and maintain... What other kinds of pretty easy mods help with a s2000? I already have a K&N intake, borla exhaust, and dc headers... oh and i plan on getting a throttle body spacer...

if you want easy mods that you can do with basic tools, you have basically listed them all.

actually i decided that i don't even want to do that any longer because i was reading on another forum that they are a pain in the ass to tune and maintain... What other kinds of pretty easy mods help with a s2000? I already have a K&N intake, borla exhaust, and dc headers... oh and i plan on getting a throttle body spacer...

a tune to take advantage of the bolt ons, maybe do suspension?

and you, uh, ya let me know if that spacer does anything. first thing that came to my mind when i first saw it was bogus.

i've heard... but never have bought one, but the main thing they do is help with better gas mileage... im not possitive on numbers but there close i heard 3-5 hp and 2-3 mpg gains...

and to be honest this prolly hurt your hp, the s2000 comes pertr well tuned from the factory,.even real high dollar stuff only gives you a few hp

i still think the spacer is complete BS. but if you get one, please do some experimenting and let us know for sure.

a tune to take advantage of the bolt ons, maybe do suspension?

W3RD.... you have a good start though. Theres not to much more you can do without going inside the engine or boosting other then a bigger throttle body or a good tune. Sure theres tons of other little gimicks out there to perform but they won't net you much power because of the same reason "SMEAGUL" said, the motor's allready tuned pretty well form the factory. Honestly, that header was probally a waist of money if your still rockin' the stock cat.

Last edited:
Back