2003 Honda Civic Ex Engine Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Philby

I'm about to get a 2003 Honda Civic EX, and I need more power. I want to get an engine swap. Does anyone know what engine will fit very easily, and get me some more power. Any help is appreciated.

k20, k24.......i did a K24 swap in my older brothers car. fairly easy, bolt in, minor tech, but it'll probably take a rook two or three days, it only took me 6 hours.

The K24 is the Honda CRV engine correct? If this is the right engine, do you know where I could buy it and how much it would cost? Also, are there any major problems when dropping this in a 2003 Honda Civic EX 5 speed?

yes it is the CRV motor. it took me hella long to find one. or you can just go to a honda dealer for 5000. the only thing when the motor is dropped in is get the suspension tuned. you'll see some results. i had JE did some custom pistons for my bro. it's running on 11.5:1 ratio. good luck.

hey so i am in the same boat and i think i found an engine but it is a K24A3 is that goin to work do they differ from A3 A8 etc.

hey so i am in the same boat and i think i found an engine but it is a K24A3 is that goin to work do they differ from A3 A8 etc.

A K24 will work in your car. You'll need a K-series transmission too though.

Also, this thread is nearly 10 years old, so you might want to check for that before you post next time. Do some searching on the site and read up a bit more, and then start a new thread if you still have questions.

Welcome to HondaSwap!

I bought the car new in 2003 and it's been great. I see many complaints about gas mileage, but mine averages 49 MPG with snow tires on. This has been the most trouble free and economical car I've ever owned, and it's fun to drive.

Back