2004 Cadillac Cts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the future doesnt look real good for mildly built hondas :unsure:

(click here) 2004 cadillac CTS specs

cliff notes:

curb weight: 3,847lbs

engine: 5.7L V8

horsepower: 400hp

torque: 390 ft-lbs

trans: 6-speed manual!

this sucks :roll: according to those specs, that thing will literally be as fast as a stock vette!

if your going to worry about caddies i would hope to all hell they don't start mass producing the caddie sixteen the things got a thousand horses and a thousand lb-ft torque thats a problem for hondas ;)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 8 2003, 05:51 AM
4000 lbs 400 horse

2500 lbs 250 horse

a midly built honda will own it

How fast does a 250whp honda run? A 4000lbs truck with the LS1 from a camaro in it will run high 13's with a different stall and rough tuning. Camaro's weight in 3800 or so fully loaded and they run mid 13's stock and ls1 vettes run low 13's and z06 (405hp and 400whtq) run 12.4 and gets 28 mph on the highway... that is the numbers for here.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@May 8 2003, 07:59 AM
How fast does a 250whp honda run?

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=451844

sleepin' used to post here.... he has a b16 turbo... put 272/180 to the wheels
and ran a 13.0@108

thats the closest i could find... and mind you, his car is an EK sedan... so hes probably pushing 2800lbs with driver

so id say low 13s is a real good estimate for a 250/2500 honda :)

That's one hell of a porky car, and it's still a Cadillac. Who wants to bet that it's not geared for quarter mile runs? I seriously doubt that it is, especially since GM still has to place their Corvette significantly above the CTS in performance AND numbers.

the day someone in a cadilac decides to rev on me ill let you know how it turns out :lol:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 8 2003, 01:58 PM
the day someone in a cadilac decides to rev on me ill let you know how it turns out :lol:

i don't see that happening cuz i don't see any young people driving it.

exactly

its like most of the "fast" cars i see around, in my area at least (porsches, M5's, vettes, NSX's, etc) they are all driven by 50+yo people and they just dont bother with racing ... maybe a little fun on the highway but thats about it for the most part.... and as far as cadilacs go if its not a 50+yo its some stunna rollin on dubz and they dont race either

so regardless of what kind of performance the CTS puts out its not very high on my list of threats

No matter how many ponies that thing has, it is still ugly as balls. If caddy wants to compette with BMW and Mercedes, they need better designers on just about everything they do. I would take the slowest bmw 3 series over the new cvt V or what ever they are calling it. The bmw drives, looks, and has a much better performance/luxury name for itself. Also, caddys are extremly expensive and in 2 years, they lose 10k in resale value. BMW's hold there value so much better.

caddy= :puke:
BMW = yum

:withstupid:
BMW >>>>> cadilac

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+May 8 2003, 08:06 AM-->
Domeskilla
@May 8 2003, 07:59 AM
How fast does a 250whp honda run?

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=451844

sleepin' used to post here.... he has a b16 turbo... put 272/180 to the wheels
and ran a 13.0@108

thats the closest i could find... and mind you, his car is an EK sedan... so hes probably pushing 2800lbs with driver

so id say low 13s is a real good estimate for a 250/2500 honda :)

yea, but he had only 180 ft-lbs of torque in a 2500+lb car.
that caddy has 390 ft-lbs in a 3900lb car.

as for the gearing, i have heard in the news that it has a top speed of 160mph

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@May 8 2003, 05:33 PM
as for the gearing, i have heard in the news that it has a top speed of 160mph

That doesn't really mean much. Rarely are 6 speed cars (especially luxury) topped out in the tallest gear at max speed. Chances are that it's limited to 160mph, and can make it there before 5th gear runs out.

Sleepin's car is a Hatchback, dude!

Anyway, I made 232 at the wheels, with 180 ft lbs, and went 13.8 coasting through the traps after my turbo at shit at the 1000 ft mark. My car weighs 2550 with me in it.

Vette's weigh 3200 lbs, BTW.

A stock C5 will run a low 13, and they are rated at 375 horsepower and about the same torque.

I see this car as a high 13 second car, and an Integra with 225hp at the wheels should be able to hang with it.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 9 2003, 04:59 AM
Sleepin's car is a Hatchback, dude!

Anyway, I made 232 at the wheels, with 180 ft lbs, and went 13.8 coasting through the traps after my turbo at shit at the 1000 ft mark. My car weighs 2550 with me in it.

Vette's weigh 3200 lbs, BTW.

A stock C5 will run a low 13, and they are rated at 375 horsepower and about the same torque.

I see this car as a high 13 second car, and an Integra with 225hp at the wheels should be able to hang with it.

is it? shit my B. he needs to come back and post!!!

Back