1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 Civic may be having issues

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by erikespo, May 16, 2005.

1. erikespo

erikespo Senior Member

I haven't been too hard on my new car. Anyway Over the past 2 weeks the car has been requiring a few seconds with key the key in the start position to until it finally starts. Normally it was maybe about 1.5 seconds in the start position, now it is around 3-4 seconds. I believe this is only happening when the car has been sitting for a few hours.
    I changed the oil and filter. Changed the air cleaner. I only put 93 as well. I guess my next step would be to change the spark plugs. if that doesn't do it I will change the fuel filter. Anyone else have any ideas as to what else would be causing this problem?

EDIT.. Just checking this.. For the plugs I am looking on www.ngk.com and it says the OEM plugs are "NGK Double Platinum 3271 PZFR6F-11 0.044 "Original Equipment Manufacture and/or Original Equipment Service part." $11.71"

Kinda pricey I think

2. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

New car? Trouble starting? Take it back to the dealer. It's probably under warranty, and won't cost you anything.

3. APACHE

APACHE Junior Member

I agree w/ EGProject.............

Or loose cable from battery.......

4. starboy869

starboy869 Senior Member

You think $11 is kinda pricey for sparkplugs ???

5. erikespo

erikespo Senior Member

Heck yeah for OEM spark plugs. These aren't coming from honda these are just normal spark plugs

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted