2005 Honda CRV

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thedrumlover123

So I just got a 2005 Honda CRV and I am very happy. The only thing I don't much like is what it lacks in horsepower. What other engines would fit in it so I know what to put in it after the one in it now dies!

Thank you for your help!

Welcome aboard :)

The '05 CRV has the k24a1 engine in it. This is also the biggest k-series engine. However, it doesn't have the good high flowing vtec head that other k-models have. physically, the k20a2 form the rsx should bolt on.

These newer models are certainly outside my area of expertise. While physically the head swap may fit, the electronics needed (ie, the vtec ecu) becomes the biggest issue as there are engine immobilizers attached to them where the ecu needs to match the chip in the key. To get around that, most folks head towards the Hondata Kpro http://www.hondata.com/kpro.html They don't have the crv listed, but do have the element. Maybe a call/email to them is your best bet to find out options.

you may be better invested by doing a few standard mods. Intake, header, exhaust, and maybe a fresh tune. Otherwise you're looking at spending nearly 1/2 of what you paid for the car to get a new engine into it.

Back