2005 Mustang GT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

everybody keeps sayin 50K for a corvette....50K...50K...50K.... yet, the base model coupe starts at 44K. also, the corvette is the best bang for the buck in a new car. it has been for a long time too. as far as the mustang, i don't like them, and so i won't say anymore about them.

just my opinion.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/coupe/

the mustang is definitely hard to beat at that price. i drive then a lot at work, but from wat i can tell i dont like the way it feels to drive, but at the same time i dont have the space to open one up. i really like the car a lot, but there is no way i could convince myself to buy one, just doesnt seem to fit me. if you want to get one, id definitely recommend it.

I look at the newest Rustangs on the road, and I'm still amazed at how bad they look.

Alright, it looks better than the older generations of Mustangs, but that's like saying my cat's latest turd in the litter box looks a little better than the turd from a few days ago that's all crusted and dried in the box.

As for performance, it's definitely a step up, but it'll still get owned by an STi/EVO in every department. Gotta love those turbo 4's. :lol:

Originally posted by hondarin@May 2 2005, 12:59 AM
everybody keeps sayin 50K for a corvette....50K...50K...50K.... yet, the base model coupe starts at 44K. also, the corvette is the best bang for the buck in a new car. it has been for a long time too. as far as the mustang, i don't like them, and so i won't say anymore about them.

just my opinion.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/coupe/
[post=493890]Quoted post[/post]​

Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@May 1 2005, 12:13 PM
They've pretty much perfected reliability of the car..
[post=493664]Quoted post[/post]​

:bo: :bo:

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd+May 2 2005, 07:26 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@May 1 2005, 12:13 PM
They've pretty much perfected reliability of the car..
[post=493664]Quoted post[/post]​

:bo: :bo:
[post=494172]Quoted post[/post]​

Check out statistics on new car repairs. I'll tell you what Mustang is low on Ford's list of highly problematic cars. ...the car manufacturer that had the most reported repairs on new cars to Consumer Reports was Lexus. Pull your head out of your ass, y0!

Plus the mustang up until now was an old platform that had been used successfully year after year. Add in the fact that the entire setup wasn't that complicated so it yielded less problems than cars with a lot of high tech gadgets.

You can like your imports, as do I, but I'm not blind to see the fact that the mustang isn't a highly problematic car.

I do see quiet a bit of used fox bodies with well over 200k on them. I am going to clean the truck up a bit on Wed and see if I have the time to test drive one. I probably should wait until after my surgery since it will be hard to drive standard with one hand.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 2 2005, 11:03 AM
Alright, it looks better than the older generations of Mustangs, but that's like saying my cat's latest turd in the litter box looks a little better than the turd from a few days ago that's all crusted and dried in the box.
[post=494010]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, the old crusty dried turd looks better to me than the fresh turd- it smells less than the new one.

:puke2:

i like it. the front and the back are uber sexy. im not big on the thing in the side. the little dip thing. it needs to be sharper like the last gen mustang.

aside from that..... and the least supportive seats ever, :thumbsup:

srt's look rediculous... neon w/ a giant wing... just silly. i really like the new look of the base models but don't care much for the lights in the grille of the gt. but all 'n all i really like 'em. pretty nice interior too.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@May 2 2005, 07:45 PM
Check out statistics on new car repairs. I'll tell you what Mustang is low on Ford's list of highly problematic cars. ...the car manufacturer that had the most reported repairs on new cars to Consumer Reports was Lexus. Pull your head out of your ass, y0!
[post=494229]Quoted post[/post]​

Wait, do you mean this list:

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/conten...D=1115128357990

Where every car that tops the list in "Most Satisfying" is a Honda or Toyota? And where most of the "Least Satisfying" cars are domestics?

Or maybe you mean this list:

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detail...D=1115128515204

Where 90% of the "Good bets" are Japanese cars, and most of the "Bad Bets" are domestic or German? Sidebar: Who woulda thunk it? German cars suck? No way!

True, the Rustang doesn't show up on any of the "bad" lists, but it doesn't show up on any of the "good" ones, either. Also, many of the stuff regarding reliability requires a subscription to the site, and I'm not payin for that shit. :lol:

Originally posted by micah@May 3 2005, 02:14 AM
srt 4 > mustang

looks, speed, price

thats all
[post=494363]Quoted post[/post]​

looks are subjective.

the 05 GT is faster than teh SRT4.

It is 6 grand more expensive.

srt4 - not even in the same category as the mustang

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 3 2005, 08:59 AM-->
New2TheCarScene
@May 2 2005, 07:45 PM
[post=494229]Quoted post[/post]​

Wait, do you mean this list:

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/conten...D=1115128357990

Where every car that tops the list in "Most Satisfying" is a Honda or Toyota? And where most of the "Least Satisfying" cars are domestics?

Or maybe you mean this list:

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detail...D=1115128515204

Where 90% of the "Good bets" are Japanese cars, and most of the "Bad Bets" are domestic or German? Sidebar: Who woulda thunk it? German cars suck? No way!

True, the Rustang doesn't show up on any of the "bad" lists, but it doesn't show up on any of the "good" ones, either. Also, many of the stuff regarding reliability requires a subscription to the site, and I'm not payin for that shit. :lol:
[post=494395]Quoted post[/post]​

Ha.

That looks at specific car models not manufacturers as a whole. So no, thats not the list I'm talking about.

German cars sucking? Is your head truly that far up your ass? Are you going to let yourself believe that the manufacturers of the world's fastest car and best operating race cars build shitty cars? Are you even going to try to elude to the fact that BMW, Mercedes or Audi's line up of cars suck when they have some of the most sought after cars and most respected cars in the world? ///m3 ///m5 s4 mclaren smg's amg's?

Seriously, pull your bias head out of your ass.

As for domestic cars you have to think about what models consumer reports is testing and if its fits into any of the categories that we would drive. Does a cavlier suck... of course but its also a cheaply manufactured domestic. Does a vette suck? Does a mustang? Did f bodies? The new line up of cadillac? The new line up of chrysler? Etc., etc. Sure there are poorly manufacturer American cars but there's also cars that are reliable and good deals, the mustang being one of them.

You have to open your eyes a little bit and take EVERYTHING in before you just make a generalized statement like 'domestics suck', 'germans suck', 'the only nice cars come from japan'.

I'm not bias against Japanese cars, infact I love them. I also love and respect German cars and certain American cars.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@May 3 2005, 08:34 AM
Ha.

That looks at specific car models not manufacturers as a whole. So no, thats not the list I'm talking about.

German cars sucking? Is your head truly that far up your ass? Are you going to let yourself believe that the manufacturers of the world's fastest car and best operating race cars build shitty cars? Are you even going to try to elude to the fact that BMW, Mercedes or Audi's line up of cars suck when they have some of the most sought after cars and most respected cars in the world? ///m3 ///m5 s4 mclaren smg's amg's?

Seriously, pull your bias head out of your ass.

As for domestic cars you have to think about what models consumer reports is testing and if its fits into any of the categories that we would drive. Does a cavlier suck... of course but its also a cheaply manufactured domestic. Does a vette suck? Does a mustang? Did f bodies? The new line up of cadillac? The new line up of chrysler? Etc., etc. Sure there are poorly manufacturer American cars but there's also cars that are reliable and good deals, the mustang being one of them.

You have to open your eyes a little bit and take EVERYTHING in before you just make a generalized statement like 'domestics suck', 'germans suck', 'the only nice cars come from japan'.

I'm not bias against Japanese cars, infact I love them. I also love and respect German cars and certain American cars.
[post=494420]Quoted post[/post]​

Huh?

So, did you even look at the lists? Especially the second one? It's got most of the Mercedes lineup in there, as well the most popular Volkswagon (read: Audi) models. While it may not be looking at the manufacturers as a whole, it takes a moron not to extrapolate the data to see that the Japanese build the most reliable cars, while America builds the least reliable, with Germany not exactly shining through.

It also takes a moron not to see my tongue-in-cheek humor regarding German cars. I can obviously see that BMW didn't make any of the "Bad bets" lists (although it didn't make the "Good" either), and my comment was meant more as a jab at people's misconception that "good ol German engineering" isn't all its cracked up to be.

You said "Are you going to let yourself believe that the manufacturers of the world's fastest car and best operating race cars build shitty cars?" You can't compare race cars to production cars, nor can you let top-of-the-line models dictate a manufacturer's overall reputation. Your logic is extremely faulty - just because a car is "sought after" doesn't make it reliable. We're not talking about performance here, we're talking reliability. You even said so yourself originally.

I never said "domestics suck" or "the only nice cars come from Japan". I presented data that showed American car manufacturers always top the lists of "bad" cars, while Japanese car manufacturers always top the list of "good" cars.

For the record, I DID previously state that the Mustang didn't appear on either of those lists, making it middle-of-the-road.

So why don't you try presenting a logical argument, or at least one that's backed up by some facts? I'll skip all of the spelling and grammatical errors in your post as well.

Ha, you're going to try to turn this into an argument about spelling and grammar? For the record, the spelling really wasn't poor at all and the grammar was typical to an online forum and not a MLA style research paper.

Now onto the crap you said. What I said was about manufacturers as wholes and not specific car models. Both of the surveys you posted are specific to models and not manufacturers in general; they do not support your overly generalized statements that you made earlier.

I only mentioned the top of the line models because of course they're world renowned and emphasize my point; don't make blanketed statements about a car manufacturer. German cars are obviously all they're cracked up to be because they dominate the top segment of the market. Does any other manufacturer dominate the top of the segment as well as the Germans? I think not. Japanese luxury and now some American luxury are near holding a candle to the Germans, but the Germans still are on top of the game.

Now you're going to say, "just because many people buy the car doesn't mean its a good car," and to that I say that the masses with money aren't idiots. They buy the car for the reputation which it gained through its prestige and relability. Furthermore the list was compiled by the editors of Consumer Reports who do not provide any evidence to support their claims. I know the Jetta is on the list for the sole reason that the Consumer Report editors do not like the 1.8t turbo engine that they've reamed in their evaluation of the car in different issues. They ream an engine that makes max power and torque at 3000rpm all the way to the end of the redline with the only known problem being a coil pack thats long since been fixed. Seems like a logical reason to dislike the car, huh? ...no.

You can't just post some surveys, one from customers opinions that are not backed by facts, and the other a completely bias evaluation by Consumer Report editors and take them as the word of the gospel.

"Based on more than 250,000 responses to the 2004 Annual Questionnaire, covering the 2002 to 2004 model years. Charts show the percentage of owners who said they would definitely buy or lease that make and model again."

"About these lists
The lists are compiled from overall reliability data covering 1997-2004 models. CR Good Bets and CR Bad Bets include only the models for which we have sufficient data for at least three model years. Models that were new in 2003 or 2004 do not appear. Problems with the engine, engine cooling, transmission, and drive system were weighted more heavily than other problems. The abbreviations 2WD, 4WD, and AWD stand for two-, four-, and all-wheel drive, respectively. " Basically if you have a coilpack problem, a leaky head gasket problem, etc., etc. even if it may be covered by warranty/recall and replaced for free than Consumer Reports will still rip the car apart.

I can bet that Consumer Reports may say that the Mitsu Evo VIII and the Subby WRX STI may be nice rally cars but not very nice daily drivers. I think you and the others guy on here would tend to disagree with that evaluation which just goes to show that bias car evaluations aren't the best evidence to base your argument on.

Just about every post you make has to do with an argument, or trying to offend another member. I bet you're gonna end up being a politician.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 3 2005, 12:24 PM
Just about every post you make has to do with an argument, or trying to offend another member. I bet you're gonna end up being a politician.
[post=494476]Quoted post[/post]​

because I'm not narrow minded enough to believe that y0 domestics suck!, germans suck!, y0 republicans suck!, y0 democrats suck!, all women are hoes!, enter other blanketed statement "here" suck!

I argue with people that seem to make general statements that hold no water but are entirely opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as stupid or great as it might be, but I do have the right to state my opinion.

I'm kind, polite, and well mannered until I feel something someone said is offensive or insulting. To me its offensive and insulting to think that some one can be so ignorant to believe that theres no good domestic cars, or democrats, or woman, or man, etc.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@May 3 2005, 09:54 AM
Ha, you're going to try to turn this into an argument about spelling and grammar? For the record, the spelling really wasn't poor at all and the grammar was typical to an online forum and not a MLA style research paper.

Now onto the crap you said. What I said was about manufacturers as wholes and not specific car models. Both of the surveys you posted are specific to models and not manufacturers in general; they do not support your overly generalized statements that you made earlier.

I only mentioned the top of the line models because of course they're world renowned and emphasize my point; don't make blanketed statements about a car manufacturer. German cars are obviously all they're cracked up to be because they dominate the top segment of the market. Does any other manufacturer dominate the top of the segment as well as the Germans? I think not. Japanese luxury and now some American luxury are near holding a candle to the Germans, but the Germans still are on top of the game.

Now you're going to say, "just because many people buy the car doesn't mean its a good car," and to that I say that the masses with money aren't idiots. They buy the car for the reputation which it gained through its prestige and relability. Furthermore the list was compiled by the editors of Consumer Reports who do not provide any evidence to support their claims. I know the Jetta is on the list for the sole reason that the Consumer Report editors do not like the 1.8t turbo engine that they've reamed in their evaluation of the car in different issues. They ream an engine that makes max power and torque at 3000rpm all the way to the end of the redline with the only known problem being a coil pack thats long since been fixed. Seems like a logical reason to dislike the car, huh? ...no.

You can't just post some surveys, one from customers opinions that are not backed by facts, and the other a completely bias evaluation by Consumer Report editors and take them as the word of the gospel.

"Based on more than 250,000 responses to the 2004 Annual Questionnaire, covering the 2002 to 2004 model years. Charts show the percentage of owners who said they would definitely buy or lease that make and model again."

"About these lists
The lists are compiled from overall reliability data covering 1997-2004 models. CR Good Bets and CR Bad Bets include only the models for which we have sufficient data for at least three model years. Models that were new in 2003 or 2004 do not appear. Problems with the engine, engine cooling, transmission, and drive system were weighted more heavily than other problems. The abbreviations 2WD, 4WD, and AWD stand for two-, four-, and all-wheel drive, respectively. " Basically if you have a coilpack problem, a leaky head gasket problem, etc., etc. even if it may be covered by warranty/recall and replaced for free than Consumer Reports will still rip the car apart.

I can bet that Consumer Reports may say that the Mitsu Evo VIII and the Subby WRX STI may be nice rally cars but not very nice daily drivers. I think you and the others guy on here would tend to disagree with that evaluation which just goes to show that bias car evaluations aren't the best evidence to base your argument on.
[post=494457]Quoted post[/post]​

You're awesome, man. A real gem.

No, I didn't try to turn it into a spelling/grammar argument. You felt the need to personally attack me first, so I fired back.

This was the part I liked the most: In one sentence, you say "don't make blanketed statements about a car manufacturer." Then, in the very next sentence, you say "German cars are obviously all they're cracked up to be because they dominate the top segment of the market." Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha. I mean, it doesn't get any more blanketed than that. Nice job supporting your argument.

So, you yet again failed to post any backup facts. I can't say I'm surprised.

However, let me reiterate one more thing for you: You said this:

"What I said was about manufacturers as wholes and not specific car models. Both of the surveys you posted are specific to models and not manufacturers in general; they do not support your overly generalized statements that you made earlier."

The point is so far over your head, you're probably breaking your neck trying to see it. Let me be extremely elemantary: Almost all of Honda's lineup is on the "good" list. Almost all of Toyota's lineup is on the "good" list. Most of Mercedes' lineup is on the "bad" list. Most of GMC's lineup is on the "bad" list. Most of Dodge/Chrysler's lineup is on the "bad" list (sidebar: not surprising, given the Daimler/Chrysler fuckfest). If you can't extrapolate that, based on the data presented, American companies (and German companies) tend to make less reliable cars than Japanese companies, I'm amazed that you ever passed high school.

I can't believe I've wasted as much time as I have on you.

Oh! Your comment about the EVO/STi: Perhaps you saw the Impreza on the "good" list. Maybe you just ignored it, because you shifted to the "good daily driver" argument. We could talk about that if you want, but it wasn't what we were discussing. Sorry.

I'd say we could discuss this further if you could conjure up a remotely plausible argument, but given your track record thus far, I'll go browse the Ice & Rice Forums instead.

Don't try to turn this into an argument about whits, pal. You won't win.

I based my argument on German cars being "all they're cracked up to be" upon sales. If you think that argument is faulty you're a fool. How is that a blanketed statement. The car market is a competitive market, if a manufacturer puts a poor quality car into its lineup than it will not sell; this has been proven time and time again in the past. German cars outsell any other car, even though its far closer now that japanese luxury has come into the picture, in current times as well as the past. They gained their prestige through their reputation. Reputation is built on product or service - basic business. I think you can infer the rest from there unless you're a complete bafoon.

Don't talk about elementary crap with me.

As far as the Impreza making the list, there's two completely different lists there. Those lists are general and do not contain an entire review of the car. I've read their specific review of the car and they tore some aspects of the car to pieces - it wasn't an 'all hail this car' review.

Back