2005 SIlverado LT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
Its come time to get a different truck, so I am selling my baby.
2005 Silverado LT extended cab short bed (6.5' bed) 4wd. This thing is loaded
The truck has 19k miles. Gas milage ranges from 14-19mpg in the winter to 16.5-22 in the summer. If you drive normal this truck does well on gas for what it is. I drove to Maine and got 21-22 mpg average on the whole trip including some city and backroad driving. The only mods it has is a plastic bed liner, soft toneu cover, exhaust, and I removed the ugly side molding.
Engine and transmission Its a 5.3l L33 engine which is rare. 310hp and 335tq with an automatic transmission. You can switch between 2wd, 4wd hi and lo and auto 4wd. Auto 4wd is nice because it only turns on the 4wd when the rear wheels are slipping. Nice for heavy rain or days where there is a little ice or slush on the ground. It has the g80 rear locker. It comes with the trailer package which can except a 4 or 7 wire plug. I have a 3 inch exhaust from the cat back with a dynomax bullet, which probably isn' legal. The truck is loud and sounds good. I have the stock exhaust uncut to give to the new owner.

The truck has 17 inch rims with the stock tires. They aren't aggressive for offroad but they are great for the street and aren't too noisy at all.

The truck is loaded, bose system, 6 disc changer with radio controls, and xm radio. The truck has onstar, but the subscription would have to be renewed as I didnt activate it. Power windows, locks, and heated power mirrors. The seats are gray leather with the front two seats being heated and fully adjustable. The rearview mirror has an exterior temp gage on it, and the rear view mirror and the drivers side mirror dim to bright lights at night.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
The truck is located in CT. The sticker price on this truck was almost 39k and would have probably sold for 31k during the employee pricing for everyone sale.
I am asking 24k I will have pictures hopefully by Sunday. I dont have a digi. I hardly drive the truck anymore due to me driving the Civic to work ( real shitty small parking lot with low lives who could give two shits if they hit your car).

I know I have to changed the 27k obo in the sig. I am going to go to carmax soon to see what they'll give me.
A few ideas for a new car or truck are buying a rsx type s or a new civic si but having to use premium gas at an extra 20-30 cents a gallon almost doesn't help with trying to save money spent on gas. I am also thinking about a 2wd Silverado 4.8l 5spd truck. I can pick one up at a decent rate if I get the work truck trim. A lot of people are getting 21mpg average between highway and city with these. So I would get better gas milage and lower insurance and payment. I would miss the loaded truck but I could deal with that. I still want two vehicles so I have to decide if I want a nicer daily driver and an older truck. What I really want is a decent daily maybe a 2000ish teg and then get my dream truck a 67-68 Chevy fullsized truck. If I did that the truck would need work and I don't really have anywhere to do a restoration. Too many choices.

I think he meant to update your sig to remove dead code...

Get a newer 4.8L truck so you can take advantage of the good mileage, and then pick up a Fit and play with it. :)

Back