2005 Vette

+/-

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

definitly an improvement in looks, aren't they all autos now though

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 16 2004, 10:16 AM
I miss pop-up headlights.

-> Steve
[post=377515]Quoted post[/post]​

The problem with the barn doors is that they are far from aerodynamic.

Better than the older Corvettes? Yes.

Good-looking? Hell no. It's still a fugly-ass Corvette, and it hasn't looked good since the 60's.

from the side angle it looks mid engine RWD...

well, atleast in my opinion it keeps looking better and better but I still wouldn't own one.

skyline ownzzzzzz :D

If you want a pavement pounder that is going to be brand new next year and will run quick times... wait till plymouth gives out the Srt-8.... go take a look

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Aug 17 2004, 06:17 PM
If you want a pavement pounder that is going to be brand new next year and will run quick times... wait till plymouth gives out the Srt-8.... go take a look
[post=378213]Quoted post[/post]​

meh <_<

It looks decent, but for that amount of money you could build a supra or an rx7 and have it perform way better. IMO if I had that kind of money I would spend it elsewhere.

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Aug 17 2004, 06:15 PM
Suspension: four-wheel independent: includes transverse fiberglass leaf springs
[post=378212]Quoted post[/post]​

They do the job quite well too.

Originally posted by 5genracer+Aug 18 2004, 10:35 PM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Aug 18 2004, 09:35 PM
NissanNiNjA2nd
@Aug 17 2004, 06:15 PM
Suspension: four-wheel independent: includes transverse fiberglass leaf springs
[post=378212]Quoted post[/post]​

They do the job quite well too.
[post=378888]Quoted post[/post]​

....in a 92 Grand Am.
[post=378917]Quoted post[/post]​

uh no, in the C6 Z51. This car, fresh off the factory floor pulled the skippad along with it to a .98g.

ok kids... basically lets put something out... ITS LEAF SPRINGS!!!!

no they dont do a good job.... the tires and shocks are what hold it there... its actually fucking sucks ... A LOT!... seriously for the money you can buy anything else that would TOTALLY kill it.... so you know what.... gimmie a LS1 camaro over the LS6 corvette anyday....

either way... its still pushrods... and leaf springs..... I wonder how old the engineers are?

really for the money, you can't beat it for a off the show room floor car.

48kish for a car that goes 186mph, gets 27ish MPG, can almost be a daily driver, 400hp, and very good handling, for someone that doesn't want to mod the hell out of a car. Everyone knows you can beat a Vette with a civic, but in the end, your still driving a very fast econobox. My car is faster and handles better then my dads mini, but the mini feels so much more solid, has a much more expensive feel to it. Half the reason is because many of its componets come from a BMW 3 series, and the thing was built by BMW. With the vette, you get a great car. Yea, it has pushrods and leafsprings, but they defently make the most of it. They've been doing the same block for 50 years. They have defently mastered it.

That being said, the performance is great :)
Styling blows :( The rear end looks like ass, the front looks funny, and the overall car looks like GM finally got ahold of it. So blah and boring. GMish.

Back