2005 Vette

+/-

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Aug 19 2004, 01:07 PM
ok kids... basically lets put something out... ITS LEAF SPRINGS!!!!

no they dont do a good job.... the tires and shocks are what hold it there... its actually fucking sucks ... A LOT!... seriously for the money you can buy anything else that would TOTALLY kill it.... so you know what.... gimmie a LS1 camaro over the LS6 corvette anyday....

either way... its still pushrods... and leaf springs..... I wonder how old the engineers are?
[post=379191]Quoted post[/post]​

Name a car for 47 grand that runs a .98G on the skippad and runs 12.7 quarter out of the factory. The STi and EVO 8 can't even muster those kinds of money for 28-32k base. The closest competitor is the SVT Cobra, 390 hp and IRS don't get it .98Gs on the skippad, & as for the Viper RT10... we all know what that bases at. :eek:

I mean you dont' have to like it, but at least respect it for what it is. It's Americas sports car. The thing comes standard with 18s up front, 19s out back, a 6 Sp manual, 400 hp 6.0 V8 accompanied by a 6500 rpm redline... 6500 rpm ... on a pushrod motor. :worthy:

Did I mention it runs 12.7 out of the box? That's with options like power door locks, keyless entry, cruise, AC, & HUD. NO CAR is going to out handle or out accelerate the C6 Vette for 47grand stock for stock. Period.

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Aug 21 2004, 02:40 AM
Elise runs a 12.6 in the 1/4 out of the box and a 1.02 g sold for 46k

EDIT: 36k base 39k fully loaded
[post=379990]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok so there's ONE car that can run with it for the price. Pretty close too.

but the LS2 still has tons more potential than the Celica GTS motor.

it might not be a factor for you, but it is for me... I want to buy a car with a motor that has hidden hp... a Celica GTS motor is going to be hard to squeeze some worthwhile hp out of without some sort of major tuning and forced induction.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Aug 22 2004, 11:18 PM
it might not be a factor for you, but it is for me... I want to buy a car with a motor that has hidden hp... a Celica GTS motor is going to be hard to squeeze some worthwhile hp out of without some sort of major tuning and forced induction.
[post=380429]Quoted post[/post]​

On this fact I am complete agreence with you...I think that on the market they could have put a lot better motors inside of it... say... sacrifice gaining another 100 lbs and put a sr20Vet in it.....I could go for that.... :p

You've gotta include the EVO and STi in there if you want to talk about potential. Chances are, money spent on one of those cars (especially in the engine bay and engine management) is going to go alot further than on the Vette.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Aug 21 2004, 10:27 AM-->
NissanNiNjA2nd
@Aug 21 2004, 02:40 AM
Elise runs a 12.6 in the 1/4 out of the box and a 1.02 g sold for 46k

EDIT: 36k base 39k fully loaded
[post=379990]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok so there's ONE car that can run with it for the price. Pretty close too.

but the LS2 still has tons more potential than the Celica GTS motor.
[post=380017]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok now after reading through the new Sport Compact car... the 05 Lotus bases at 39k, they tested a 42k car. It out cornered the Vette at 1.05g's, which really isn't that unexpected, but SCC could only muster a 13.5 in the quarter mile. Tad bit shy of the C6 vette, but hell... it's not a drag car so I can give it it's mad props for the money.

However, I'd still drive the C6 over it...simply because I love Vettes more than I've ever loved the Elise. (as evidenced by my 2 Z06s and no Elises on GT3) :)

Back