2006-2008 civic shift knob paint

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the.original.kermit

I know everything
Has anyone here had any trouble with paint wearing off of their shifter knob.

This is only pertains to the manual transmission shifters.

What kind of interior cleaners do you use on the car... if any at all? And is there anything in particular that you do that might make it wear faster (ie, keeping your hand on the knob a lot, or shifting a lot, or wearing lotions and that sort of thing).

Thanks

its not a si correct, ? and the base civic it should be fine its car paint with clear coat on it.

civic-shifter.jpg

I've seen shifters with the paint worn off around the curve area.

i dont use cleaners on any part that i use my hands on to control the car id just use a damp rag on it,

i never use any cleaners on my car anyways. bad for the plastic.

I was more just wondering if anyone here had ever had that happen and what made it do that.

2006 Shifter Knob Paint Wear

I thought I was the only one with paint wear on my 2006 5 speed DX-G sedan. I only have about 16,000 kms on my car and the paint on the right side and upper right has worn away. The clear coat (I think) has worn away and the paint underneath gone as well. The worn areas are white. Very disappointing. :confused:
I'm going in to the stealership in a few days and I'll lodge a complaint. Knowing them, they say it's normal wear and tear. Hmmm....maybe Honda should use better materials. My 93 Civic, which I had for 13 years, did not exhibit the same problem. Note, I only use mild soap and water to clean the interior and the shift knob.

While I'm here, anyone has notchy shifting with their non-SI Civics? Mine has the notchy 2nd gear problem, which was only alleviated by Amsoil MTF.

Cheers!

Back