1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 Lexus GS300 / IS 350

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by Seany-izzle, Sep 17, 2005.

Which one?

1. Lexus GS 300

100.0%
  2. Lexus IS 350

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Either one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Neiter o

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

Whats up people. Okay, heres the deal. In two years im getting a new car, when i graduate college, well a semester after cuz im graduating in the middle of the school year. Well, i've talked it over with the folks and part of my graduation gift is a whole bunch of cash(rents, family, friends), which i plan on using most of it on a dp on a new car. My father and I came up with a deal. He will purchase a new car this year, then when i graduate ill buy it from him for whatever he owes on it at the time. Come time for me to buy the car from him, itll cost less than me buying the same car, used from a dealer. He will put no money down, and if he has to (lexus likes to go have sales come winter time) he'll just put money out of the cash they were going to give me initially, which in the end will still equal the same amount in 2 years when i buy it..so dont worry about that. We took care of the financial part...

On to the car.

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Car and Driver Article

Its a beautiful car in person. Each of us have gone for test drives, and each of us love the car. I dont really want a honda anymore, and i dont want a compact coupe or hatch. Im not going to auto-x, drag, road race..any of that, atleast not with this car, im keeping my civic and i can work on that when i can afford it down the road.

What is everyones thoughts on the car? Not so much the deal or my plans, but the car itself. Anyone driven one? Thoughts, experiences, opinions, anything?

More pictures:
    Lexus.com Gallery
    Yahoo Auto Gallery

2006 Lexus is 350.

Official Lexus Site
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More Pictures

Edmunds Article
    Car and Driver article
    my.is article

This car looks great, and i plan on test driving one as soon as i see them hit the showroom floors. 0-60 is faster, plus it does seem to be a better car for the money, just not as big as teh gs300. Well, looks like its time to change the old mans idea of a gs and turn it into the is350.

What are your thoghts on this car, the is 350???

we havent done much research on the is350. BUt as of right now, we are looking at the gs heavily, and probably the IS more so, when we can physically touch one. We wouldnt make a decision until the christmas time/early 07 when lexus has their annual sales and such. Id rather buy it from my dad who i know doesnt beat on cars or put alot of milage on them. Good to know it was in good hands and i can keep track of all his mishaps, shedule maintence checkups and all that, too.

2. swanny

swanny Senior Member

Sorry to shit on your parade, but a house would be the most lucarative and mature decision.

3. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

i dont want a house. I plan on living here wher ei go to school when i graduate, but only for a few years then i plan on moving to boston where id get an apartment, cuz thats all you really need in boston. So im probably going to be renting for a while. Stay here a few years, rent apt, save money, gain experince, move to boston, rent apt, get more experience, then move up, as i move up and salary goes up then ill look into buying a house.

4. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

If I put $8000 down, I would pay at least $1000 a month for 4 years. How did you work any financial magic to make this happen ?

5. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

id pay what he owed on it.. so itd be paying for the remaining three years, spread over 4 or 5 years :) Oh, and dont flame cuz my parents are helpin me out big time, i dont wanna hear it cuz im def not a spoiled kid nor do i take very many things for granted, i realize and fully appreciate their help. None of you really know me or my background/childhood, so no general lame comment please. thanks!!!

6. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

What engine does the 350 have in it? Is it a new design, or just a variation on an existing engine? It sounds odd.

The GS300 has been around awhile, and thus has the refinement of a true luxury car. The IS just kinda seems like it was created specifically for the late 20s professionals fresh out of school with their masters degrees. It's the second redesign, and IMO it looks like total ass. If the door panels weren't tall enough before they definitely fixed that little problem. :p

Seriously though. The IS300 is a very nice car both mechanically and aesthetically, but the new ones have a strange engine (never heard of a toyota with a 3.5 liter engine.) and an even more strange design - I'd stick with the GS.

7. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

yeah don't get a strange engine :ph34r:

Lexus is all luxury, so get which ever you want. The new is350 has some good power. I'm not a fan of big cars like the gs, so i would get the is. Too bad the 350 will not have the manual option as the one with a smaller engine.

8. micah

micah Senior Member

9. allbottledup

allbottledup Senior Member

i say get an is300 and swap the supra motor in. Then you have real power and luxary.

10. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

definately.

the is300 looks tons better than the is350.

11. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

personally i feel the 350 looks better. Do you know the cost of swapping or turboing an is300??? youre looking at about 12 grand when all is said and done...ive looked into it extensively.

and swapping a whole supra tt motor in the car isnt as easy as pulling the old out and bolting the new in. plus the cost factor... cost of a supra tt motor is about triple the cost of a b18 and the 6 speed getrag trans is about twice the cost of a b18... so yeah..

12. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

If you want the Supra drivetrain in a Lexus get the SC300.

13. micah

micah Senior Member

14. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

wow those are pretty fucking ugly
    maybe the pictures just suck
    have to see them in person

15. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

ive seen the gs in person, its glorious lol. well i thikn its a very sharp car. and no i dont want supra anything, i was making a statement

16. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

HERETIC !

17. micah

micah Senior Member

why didnt you buy a supra instead of an s2k?

oh yeah because...

fuck a supra

18. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Well, I'd personally suggest the IS350. Basically a Lexus with the handling and road manners of a car in a higher price bracket. Unfortunately, if you want a stick, its not offered in the IS350. It will feel faster and give better feedback than the GS300. Also, if you want a mid-fullsize car with realative style, power and handling, I'd look at the new Legacy GT 2.5. One of my friends has one, and it's awsome. Perfect interior, nice motor, and plenty of thrust. Also available as a stick.

It's nice youre going for a practicle, subtle car - I'd be looking at STI's and Evo's.

:thumbsup: On graduating college. Starting my freshman year in engineering - and it's a long road.

19. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

IS250 manual + boost.

Good luck on engineer. :thumbsup:

20. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

well people are going to have a hard time....

good luck hacking that system, or adding your own fuel delivery system ;)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted