Which one?

• Lexus IS 350

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either one.

• Neiter o

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well people are going to have a hard time....

Originally posted by Car and Driver
Most cars have port fuel injection or direct injection. The new Lexus IS350 has both, in a twin-injection system called D-4S, to imporve low-speed and cold-start emissions. Toyota's new 2GR-FSE engine, a 306-hp, 3.5 litre V-6, has six pairs of injetors, one in each intake port and one in the cylinders themselves. During high-rpm, high-load conditions (stomping the throttle to pass, for example), only the cylinder injectors operate to maximize control over injection timing for better power. When the engine starts cold or runs at low-to-middle speeds and low-load conditions, such as cruising on the avenue, the injectors work together, varying their share of fuel delivery with conditions. The port injector induces better mixing at light throttleopenings. On cold start, the port injector and the direct injector and the direct injector work together to create a lean stratified charge that burns hot and lihts off the catalyst more quickly.

good luck hacking that system, or adding your own fuel delivery system ;)

well, my opinion doesn't count cuz it's gonna be your car, not mine.....

however, if you would like it, here it is: i think the gs looks like ass (in a bad way), and the is looks alright, but i'm sure maintaining it is gonna be big $$.

if the decision were in my hands, and i were looking for luxury sedans in what i'm assuming the price range is (i'm not sure what they go for, cuz i didn't look them up, but i have an idea), i would look at either a TL or an RL

well my father told me he just drove a TL and a tsx. I guess he said the TL drives wonderfully, it isnt nearly as fast as the IS is going to be, but it drives smooth, sound system is good, and its got alright pull. 0-60 in about 6.7 seconds. I mean, i dont necessarily want something that tears it up, cuz im not going to do any real racing. so im gonna be going to the acura dealer to test drive a few things i guess. I dont know why, but i love the IS 350... but that could change when i actually see/drive one...

so wait, you're moving to boston.... and you want a car?

i'd highly suggest re-thinking that plan too... parking is only $20 a day... and a lex will be gone in under a week, guarateed.

keep the civic till you're done with college, then sell all your shit and get the 1-room studio deal in baaahhhston

but not for 2-3 years after i live here in burlington right after college.

IS 350: 306 hp, 277 lb/ft torque. Bad. Ass. The supra is a forgotten dinosaur now that they finally crank their N/A V6s up past 300 hp. Hell even the new 3.5L Avalon is cranking around that number, and that used to be an ugly, slow grampa mobile. God bless Toyota/Lexus for finally realizing that we want power goddamnit, not some stodgy but ultra reliable mushmobiles. Can you imagine what these motors could do with Twin Turbos? (if you could hack the setup of course.)

id wait a few years on the IS, ive been hearing some rumors of an IS470 depending on sales. in a few years. V8 + 6speed + RWD = one sweet ride.

oh yeah, the line on the back glass us FUGLY. if it was sharper like the old IS it would look alot better.

my buddy wants a new one but i like the one he has.

Back