2006 National HondaSwap meet.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rule #1.

no fighting at the meet, or you will be asked to leave.

Hey - normally, I'm an extremely nonviolent individual. But, like a badger, if provoked the story changes.

Besides, who am I kidding, it's not like I'll actually be able to fly cross-country for a week to do any of this shit anyway.

I'll probably be in, but who knows what I will be driving. THe last 3 years ahve been new year new truck.

are you for real? go back to 2nd grade geography dude

WOah....Take it easy on me there buddy...lol
2nd grade..huh?

Nahh..I'll probably fly my stinken ass downthere....

I'm in, plus I'll work the event. I have a place in Pennsylvania that loved the Penna1 CRX Meet I held in 2003. It's 6 hours from us, but I have a trailer out there in the middle of a field to stay at. It was held at the 7 Springs resort and lodge, 10 people showed up. I became poor, my Hondas died and with them the Penna meets. I would love to have one though.

And with N meets going away, I think a multi-national held in a middle-grounds type location would be great.

If you have a Hondaswap meet, People WILL come. Even if it's 20 cars the first year, it's a raving success.

Like I said, I'll help you plan it - I'm good with that sort of thing.

-> Steve

tell me more about this place in pa...

is it a field? like camping?
i'm a bitch, and i need a shower. if theres no showers, im not going.

7 Springs is a Mountain resort. There are 300+ hotel rooms at a PREMIUM. But if you're into spending $500 a night for a hotel, be my guest. Across the street is a camping ground, and my uncle own(ed) a bed and breakfast. So I set everyone up with a B&B overnight (On my tab, which turned out to be $200) The area is LOADED with 5 star B&Bs for $75-$100 a night. The Camping is damned near free (5 bucks, or free a few miles away) and the meet area is an enormous parking lot, secluded from the rest of the resort. Security was nice to us, after understanding what a bunch of "jap crap lovers" wanted to meet up for. Plus, I had the paper of the Owner of the resort to back up my clown ass. But after that meeting, we left a good impression, and they said they would do it again. Bathrooms are available, and the resort has an alpine slide (YAY). Nice views, groovy people and lots of open roads.

Now the schedule was my problem. There was a fair going on on the same day - So my people had to pay $5 at the gate. They didn't HAVE to, but since I didn't know (And thus, didn't tell anyone) they paid the $5. It's important to work out the schedule according to THEIR convenience. We kept the stereos to a minimum, didn't do any dori in the gravel and everyone was ok with us.

In this area, if that doesn't work, I'm sure I could get farmland in N style, or we could meet at the airport. We could also meet for a small gathering a few times (At the trailer) and do a down-home cookout with car-side camping. Also, I have a relationship with Virginia power to have the event at the "Windmills" (The Windmills, if you haven't seen one, are these towering 300 foot blade span, Carl-Sagan like windmills that can be seen in other states). I was talking to them about having the meet at the base of the towers, but that's private property and we could EASILY piss off the land owners.

But shit, yeah. Anywhere in western Pennsylvania I could get us into. With 7 Springs (www.7springs.com) if we spend money in their shops, bars and restaurants - Even rent some rooms and keep some reciepts they would be sure to invite us back.

See if you can get ahold of CRX8Grand, he would have 15 people there in a heartbeat (Really cool ClubCRXPA people).

-> Steve

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Jun 28 2005, 10:23 PM
hell yeah i would go to a HS meet. be pretty cool. umm but all i have is my truck...
[post=517713]Quoted post[/post]​

Arlington is on the way to massachewsitts from radfuck, i know there is a few guys in the NoVA/DC/B-more area that we could round up for a convoy

Originally posted by Estorvito@Jun 29 2005, 12:44 PM

[post=518103]Quoted post[/post]​

you pussy :disgust1: you live what about 6-8 hours away from the new england area. and your going to fly

I'll drive up to new york and pick your sorry ass up :lol:

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 29 2005, 04:12 PM
7 Springs is a Mountain resort.  There are 300+ hotel rooms at a PREMIUM. But if you're into spending $500 a night for a hotel, be my guest. Across the street is a camping ground, and my uncle own(ed) a bed and breakfast. So I set everyone up with a B&B overnight (On my tab, which turned out to be $200)  The area is LOADED with 5 star B&Bs for $75-$100 a night. The Camping is damned near free (5 bucks, or free a few miles away) and the meet area is an enormous parking lot, secluded from the rest of the resort.  Security was nice to us, after understanding what a bunch of "jap crap lovers" wanted to meet up for.  Plus, I had the paper of the Owner of the resort to back up my clown ass. But after that meeting, we left a good impression, and they said they would do it again.  Bathrooms are available, and the resort has an alpine slide (YAY).  Nice views, groovy people and lots of open roads.

Now the schedule was my problem. There was a fair going on on the same day - So my people had to pay $5 at the gate. They didn't HAVE to, but since I didn't know (And thus, didn't tell anyone) they paid the $5. It's important to work out the schedule according to THEIR convenience.  We kept the stereos to a minimum, didn't do any dori in the gravel and everyone was ok with us. 

In this area, if that doesn't work, I'm sure I could get farmland in N style, or we could meet at the airport.  We could also meet for a small gathering a few times (At the trailer) and do a down-home cookout with car-side camping. Also, I have a relationship with Virginia power to have the event at the "Windmills" (The Windmills, if you haven't seen one, are these towering 300 foot blade span, Carl-Sagan like windmills that can be seen in other states).  I was talking to them about having the meet at the base of the towers, but that's private property and we could EASILY piss off the land owners.

But shit, yeah. Anywhere in western Pennsylvania I could get us into.  With 7 Springs (www.7springs.com) if we spend money in their shops, bars and restaurants - Even rent some rooms and keep some reciepts they would be sure to invite us back. 

See if you can get ahold of CRX8Grand, he would have 15 people there in a heartbeat (Really cool ClubCRXPA people).

-> Steve
[post=518241]Quoted post[/post]​

damn dude, sounds like fun. I really want to go but my baby will be about 7 months old by the time the meet comes around. If my girlfriend doesn't want to go and she stays to take care of the baby, I can take 1 other person from Cali in my CRX if you don't want to drive. All I ask is that you pitch in for the gas. B16 trannies aren't too gas friendly :D
If no one in Cali wants to go with me, I can pick up someone in one of the states that are along the way. Anyone in the north western states are assed out because i'd waste a whole day having to go north before I even start to go east.

My offer stands to anyone.
but keep in mind that's if my Parole(sp?) Officer will stay home and take care of the baby. :D

Originally posted by ripperbone+Jun 29 2005, 06:22 PM-->
Estorvito
@Jun 29 2005, 12:44 PM

[post=518103]Quoted post[/post]​

you pussy :disgust1: you live what about 6-8 hours away from the new england area. and your going to fly

I'll drive up to new york and pick your sorry ass up :lol:
[post=518264]Quoted post[/post]​

Listen YOU..... :p
I think Its actually a 9 hour drive....lol....WHat if my car breaks down....?
I dont know...I have to think about it....
Or if you wanna pick me up..Hey....Gop for it dummy.... :p

I hope theres beer involved....

In like Flint y0! Just need to know a time+place, cause of the Army... Oh wait, I get out in Sep '06!!!!111

Oh, and I can help some with funding.. right Johnny?

Originally posted by Outlandish_Bandit@Jun 29 2005, 07:38 PM
In like Flint y0! Just need to know a time+place, cause of the Army... Oh wait, I get out in Sep '06!!!!111

Oh, and I can help some with funding.. right Johnny?
[post=518286]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey I can ASK RIPPerbone to pick you up too.....lol

Back seat riding for 9 hours in a fartcanned Civic is a bit much for even me to go through.

The CRX surprised the hell out of me, it's got the trunk space of a backpack.

But yeah, lets keep this idea going, these types of meets can make records. I mean, Honda people are THE most meet-friendly in the world.

-> Steve

even if 10 people show up, i think it will be a good time to shoot the shit with people we've been talking to for 3 years-- and actually finally meet them.

:thumbsup: sounds like a good plan. id mostlikely be down.

Originally posted by Estorvito+Jun 29 2005, 05:42 PM-->
Outlandish_Bandit
@Jun 29 2005, 07:38 PM
In like Flint y0! Just need to know a time+place, cause of the Army...   Oh wait, I get out in Sep '06!!!!111

Oh, and I can help some with funding..    right Johnny?
[post=518286]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey I can ASK RIPPerbone to pick you up too.....lol
[post=518287]Quoted post[/post]​

damn, i only have a crx, plus it sucks sitting in the back of one,
unless I get a different car by then.
one year from now, could happen :hmm: civic si or 4 door gsr is looking better and better everyday (power and back seat)

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Jun 29 2005, 10:43 PM
i wanna go!
[post=518431]Quoted post[/post]​

we all want you to go to :thumbsup:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 28 2005, 03:30 PM
http://f1-boston.com > http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com

autox/road course > drag

ne > chicago.

if we go to chicago, half of our cars will be stolen.
thats no fun
[post=517516]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm down.

I'm all of 2 minutes from I-80. Ripper I'll run with ya. You can crash at my place.

Also just to add to the Rt 66 thing. They just finished a track out here like blackhawk farms road course. Dope. And their is drags. And SCCA holds their events in the HUGE parking lots here at 66. Just an idea....but I'm down and driving where ever this shit is poppin at. :D

Back