2006 National HondaSwap meet.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by n1mr0d+Jun 29 2005, 11:05 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jun 28 2005, 03:30 PM
http://f1-boston.com > http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com

autox/road course > drag

ne > chicago.

if we go to chicago, half of our cars will be stolen.
thats no fun
[post=517516]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm down.

I'm all of 2 minutes from I-80. Ripper I'll run with ya. You can crash at my place.

Also just to add to the Rt 66 thing. They just finished a track out here like blackhawk farms road course. Dope. And their is drags. And SCCA holds their events in the HUGE parking lots here at 66. Just an idea....but I'm down and driving where ever this shit is poppin at. :D
[post=518447]Quoted post[/post]​

sweet :worthy:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 29 2005, 09:00 PM
even if 10 people show up, i think it will be a good time to shoot the shit with people we've been talking to for 3 years-- and actually finally meet them.
[post=518377]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by formby@Jun 28 2005, 12:32 PM
i would need 3 month notice on days....(my job).....but i'm in
[post=517392]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, i also would require at least 2 months notice, but i would really like to do something like this.

To make things go right, we need a year's advance. We can start planning for next year, and make this meet a real hit.

I'll make some calls today (ish) and see what we have to use.

-> Steve

Originally posted by n1mr0d@Jun 29 2005, 11:05 PM
Also just to add to the Rt 66 thing. They just finished a track out here like blackhawk farms road course. Dope. And their is drags. And SCCA holds their events in the HUGE parking lots here at 66. Just an idea....but I'm down and driving where ever this shit is poppin at. :D

I forgot all about that place! :) Autobahn Country Club. I had a chance to be a charter member when they opened, but I didn't have 10 grand to put down. :p

Originally posted by DarkHand+Jun 30 2005, 08:26 AM-->
@Jun 29 2005, 11:05 PM
Also just to add to the Rt 66 thing.  They just finished a track out here like blackhawk farms road course.  Dope.  And their is drags.  And SCCA holds their events in the HUGE parking lots here at 66.  Just an idea....but I'm down and driving where ever this shit is poppin at. :D

I forgot all about that place! :) Autobahn Country Club. I had a chance to be a charter member when they opened, but I didn't have 10 grand to put down. :p
[post=518518]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah. Put down a 100K and your allowed to go whenever you want and some other vip bs.

I think I might be driving out there with my buddy or something. I always wanted to do a complete cross country expedition.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jun 30 2005, 01:03 PM
I think I might be driving out there with my buddy or something. I always wanted to do a complete cross country expedition.
[post=518663]Quoted post[/post]​

Totally overrated.

Well, things are great in the outlying sections of the country. Then you will discover the sheer pain and despair that is ....

... Missouri.

You'll drive through Kansas thinking "it can't get any more depressing and dull than this" Then you'll cross into Kansas City, a city that was absorbed by Missouri and worn like a trophy around The Predator's neck.

well ive made ride plans...i'm taking my moms montero and renting a car towing thing from uhaul for the rex.....my wife wont come if i drive the rex there....

dates?...
.official sign up thread?.....
do you guys think we could get a deal at a local htel for everyone?
we should also have like a dyno day.....????

dates? no clue. i think we need to set an itinerary first. i mean, if we plan X date but everythign is booked, we're screwed. we don't even know what state this is happening in yet.

steve was supposed to make some phone calls today..... we'll see what happens.

dyno day is kinda lame.... i mean, if you're driving -- some people-- DAYS away, you don't want to chance blowing up or something. i know i wouldn't strap up. plus if its a big event, thats a whole day of standing around watching cars strap up for 3 pulls.

can we do it sure-- there's plenty of dyno's around me, and i'm pretty close with the owner of one of them who could set up us with like 3 pulls for $50 or something if X cars sign up.

but if we're going to this pa thing-- thats 7 hours + from that dyno.... so not worth the drive.

we really need to come up with a plan.
how many days-
what days
long weekend?
during the week?
where are we staying?
how many people will we need?
security is an issue- 20 hot cars in 1 lot = theif heaven.

there's lots of stuff to discuss over the next few weeks before anything is set in stone i think

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 30 2005, 12:26 PM
security is an issue- 20 hot cars in 1 lot = theif heaven.

lol, am I on the same hondaswap?
:D

If we do it in central PA theives are not a problem.
the local track is capable of handling tons of cars but generally has moderate attendance, easily able to have many runs in and it is cheap. average night you can get 7-10 runs for $20. www.beaversprings.com
there is a go kart track around i am not sure where it is but it is close. PA is closer to everything else i.e. texas and cali. but i have to realize that there is hardly no way that the meet would happen here.

20 hot cars ? Where ?

Security is no issue. The biggest security problem Honda meets seem to have is Cloudpump.

I left messages today with the people in the reservations offices. I hope I get word tomorrow, because the 4 day wait is gonna kill me. But like I said, I'm talking about next year. There isn't enough time to work this out this year.

Summer heat owns us - Scheduling in September made for a nice temperature, but the rain risk (And it got kinda cold) made me go for dates between May 21st and August 30th.

Costs now need to remain low - Lots of meets aren't happening because of gas prices and logistics on the individual. By doing a pot-luck barbeque instead of catering / hot dog stand, then cheapest accomodations possible, We can keep the attendance high. During Niagara I'll drop $200 without blinking, and that was 2003 money.

-> Steve

:ph34r: it IS too easy...

i say brandon takes his fiancee so i can ride her... i mean WITH her... :p

and about 20 hot cars? mine is banged up to shit... i did tell you i got into a couple accidents? oh, oops. lol. uhm, yea, my car looks like shit so far... so i don't think anyone will WANT it... they'll want the guts... but they'll have to try and get the hood open. :lmao:

Back