2006 NBA Playoff's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
Well I tried to start an NBA thread a few months back but hardly anyone on here is into basketball :cry:

Anyway, for those of you who have been watching the playoff's, you gotta admit, these have been some of the best games in the last 3 seasons or so.

It's kinda late to start talking about it now but better late then never, right? :mrgreen: So who's everyone going for? Miami is in the finals :woowoo: and we'll just see who comes out of the west, either Dallas or Pheonix.

Now on to Tommy!!! I told you Miami would beat Detroit!!! :p :mrgreen:

Discuss...

Fuck off. You know the Pistons of then would have beaten the Heat then. They came out of fucking no where when they finally closed out Chicago. I don't know what the regular season records are, but I'm sure both Detriot and NJ beat Miami like 3-1 or so.

Whatever, I guess I was the only person who could see through the bullshit at the time but I still got fucked over in the end. Props to Wade, but lets see if Shaq can keep up for another series.

As for the West. I really do think the odds go for Dallas. They have court advan, right? I still wish the Suns could pull it out, because to do so would require some really good and intersting gameplay. I always enjoy watching the Suns at their best, even without Amare who officially has no career anymore (as far as I say he does - good luck with that knee).

Even more interesting is the post-season. Where will LeBron go? Does Cleveland have a snowballs chancein hell of actually keeping him? My brother seems to think Chicago is his town. I just think its a nice question to ponder...

Quoted post[/post]]
Fuck off. You know the Pistons of then would have beaten the Heat then. They came out of fucking no where when they finally closed out Chicago. I don't know what the regular season records are, but I'm sure both Detriot and NJ beat Miami like 3-1 or so.

Even more interesting is the post-season. Where will LeBron go? Does Cleveland have a snowballs chancein hell of actually keeping him? My brother seems to think Chicago is his town. I just think its a nice question to ponder...
Bah, back then doesn't matter. Bottom line is, regardless of the regular season records, Miami is in the finals. I told you Detroit couldn't hang in a 7 game series with Miami. It's different when you play them in consecutive games than playing them every other month or so like during the regular season. Miami's team this year is so much different than last years team. Jason Williams went off tonight :mrgreen:

I think Cleveland has a chance at keeping LeBron. I don't think he will leave just yet. He's only 21 so he can sign for maybe 3 years or so and if Cleveland still hasn't gone anywhere, then he can sign somewhere else and still have a lot of years left in him.

Go Miami!!!!! :woowoo:

ever since the old skool bulls who won all the time broke up...ive gotten out of basketball...lol...Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Armstrong, Cartwright, and so on...lol

but yea...HEAT

Dallas and Pheonix tonight kids!!! I have a feeling the Suns will take this game but game 7 back at Dallas is going to be all Dallas :mrgreen: Dallas VS Miami in the finals FTW!!!!! Miami in 6 :woowoo:

i got the home town love.

I HATE watching the first half of mavs games. you can never go by what you see there...they always come out of no where after half time. Thats why i just started whatching the last 3 minutes of the games live and then catchin the rest on sports center.

ya know i gotta go for the mavs.

ya also gotta admit Avery Johnson has turned that team around. Don Nelson wasnt doing a horrible job, just Avery is doing a better job. I swear the most fun part about actually GOING to the games is watching Mark Cuban. Homeboy is crazy.

Ill hold back on the gloating when the mavs take this in 5 games :p

havent been on in a little while (just moved, no internet yet).

Mavs will win. Sorry, shaq cant stop the 3 point shooting machine that is Dirk Nowitzki.. aka Dirk Nasty

Mavs are WAYYYY more versitile than the HEat, plus their bench isnt bad either. Mavs in 6.

lol i stil have a bet going with my friend, he put 20 on the Heat to win it all and i picked the Mavs... This was started 1/2 way thru the season, weird...

w00t w00t....the HEAT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAGE!!!

Someone has to admit there was some HORRIBLE calls made for the heats favor. I counted 3 three second violations on shaq, and more non-called blocking fouls than i even want to go into.

I will say that the reason they won (aside from Wade being the next Michael Jordan) was Alonzo Mourning and Udonis Haslem playing some of the best defense i have EVER seen. GD im a a smidgen on the pissed side.

i love pat reily, i really do.. i cant hate him, he was an awesome coach on teh knicks, and he is still an awesome guy.... but fuck the heat. Fuck dwayne wade and most of all, fuck shaq... fuck that huge fuck who cant play the game athletically. he posts up, oh hes throwin his lard around, oh he does a turn around hook thing that looks horrible... or its he posts up, oh hes throwin his lard around, he turns and puts his arms up... slam dunk. Come on, sure he is a "dominant force" but i wouldnt want him on my team.

Mavs still rule in my book. Next yera will be different.

i love dwayne wade. youll be loving him too win he leads the US to a gold.

Seany-izzle said:
i love pat reily, i really do.. i cant hate him, he was an awesome coach on teh knicks, and he is still an awesome guy.... but fuck the heat. Fuck dwayne wade and most of all, fuck shaq... fuck that huge fuck who cant play the game athletically. he posts up, oh hes throwin his lard around, oh he does a turn around hook thing that looks horrible... or its he posts up, oh hes throwin his lard around, he turns and puts his arms up... slam dunk. Come on, sure he is a "dominant force" but i wouldnt want him on my team.

Mavs still rule in my book. Next yera will be different.
Not this whole hate Shaq again thing lol Like I said before, you cannot fault the guy or anyone who knows and uses their strong points. Kareem Adbul Jabbar was one of the very few 7 footers in his era and all he would do is that sky hook, can you complain that he was too tall there fore his sky hook was too high for anyone to block? NO. So Shaq is just doing what everyone else in this world does, he knows what he's good at and he does it. Plain and simple.

but like I said the whole time (whole time as in during the regular season too) the Heat would win. Everyone and their mom told me that they cannot beat Detroit let alone win the title and beat any team that came out the West. Look what happened.

The only game I got to sit down and watch was game 5 because I work nights so I didn't get to catch the rest of the games so I cannot comment on the sketchy calls going in the Heat's favor. I did catch the first halves of games 1 and 2 and there is no way in hell you can tell me Dallas didn't get any calls in their favor as well. But oh well, bottom line is the Heat won it all:D I am Happy for Dwayne Wade, Antione Walker, and Jason Williams but I am VERY happy for Gary Payton and Alonzo Mourning, those 2 guys have been all-stars in the league for years with no rings to show for it up until now. Live up up fellas!!!! woot!!!

Back