2006 NFL Season Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trappd-in-859

I searched and saw that nobody has posted a thread like this yet, so I thought I'd post it.

Who are you picking to go all the way? What do you think of this year's schedule? Who's your favorite team?

My favorite team would have to be Cincinnati. They looked really good in the preseason, so it should make for an exciting season. Palmer looks really good comming off his injury. Some of their new defensive players are looking really promising.

I predict them going deep into the playoff's this season with a really good shot at going to the superbowl.

My veiw on this year's schedule is that it is tougher all around for all teams, so I'm expecting a lower win percentage for most teams.

So, discuss your views on this years season.

Last year I said Cincy would be going to the superbowl... and im saying it again this year. Palmer should be fine, he doesnt use his legs that much, hes a drop back pocket passer. Chad Johnson, enough said. And one of the most underrated runningbacks in the game, Rudi Rudi Rudi!! I've always been a closet Cincy fan because they were just... so bad and with Carson Palmer being a USC alumni (#1 college team for me) that makes me even more excited for this year, especialy after his dominating season last year.

Im a Giants fan first and foremost, but I think they honestly have a shot, even though their schedule is one of the hardest.. The progression of Eli, incredible health of Tiki Barber, one of the best tight ends, and a respectable WR in Plax and Toomer.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see the Dolphins deep in the playoffs. :eek:

Last edited:
Seattle or Dallas are going to win it.

I'm a seattleite so they're my boys, but without steve hutchison they do not have the best line in NFL anymore, so they're not as potent as I'd like for them to be. But dallas, with or without TO they're going to be very well put together and I know the Bill Parcell will be going out with a bang this season(supposed to be one of his last).

James was a huge part of their offense, i just dont see them crushing like they used to, but we will see tomorrow when Peyton faces the great Giants defense.

Peyton really didn't do a whole lot of rushing from what I saw in their bigger moments anyway. He's still got the "laser... rocket arm" (if you saw that commercial you'll laugh).

hahahaha laser rocket arm.

I just think that defenses are now going to be focusing on the pass instead of both run/pass. Addai?? who the hell is he.. some rookie? And its obvious they are going to pass a lot more. But who knows, its football.

College football? eh, its either blow out or both teams suck.

the Hawks

they were the best team in the NFL last year and got screwed by the refs, so much so that it was a 10 min long topic with John Madden during a preseason game.

True, they did get screwed. did anyone see the fuck up in the Pitt/Miami game??

Seahawks... have one of the EASIEST schedules... gay.

Well, mark up win no.1 for the bengals. They handled the skins pretty easily. Their defense looks a little better than last season; no more of those "who can score the most'' games. Did anyone see that hit the Skins QB took? Fucking god that must have hurt.

Anyway, how did everyone's team do?

Colts skated by on this one... My brother and I were worried there past the 2 min warning.

Colts
Offense - looked decent, only one sack all night. Their rushing yardage was horrid due to being blitzed and the awesome Giant Defense.

Defense - they looked as if they were sleeping, really. Giant offense was on par with their defense. The first drive that took up damn near the entire first quarter made them sweat, but they didn't give up that much at all.

I'm just glad the Giants got the illegal snap at 17 seconds. I'm still laughing at that TD killer right there.

td killer was that and the BULLSHIT offensive pass interference call... Tim Carter hardly touched and you know recievers and corners are slappin at eachother the whole way down the field, that and he did not push off, he made a blantant pause.... which led to a INT.

OFF:
Tiki is solid, tough to stop him. Jacobs, he is the future of the giants running game (6-4, 260lbs, with amazing feet). Eli looked great, escaped the rush well, passes werent dead on but he made complitions. There were two plays in the final minute where Shockey and someone didnt go out of bounds when they should have wasting time...

DEF:
Their pass rush is insane, every play Peyton had to evade (which he did much to his credit) and they simply killed any chance of a running game. Pass def blows, anything deeper than 8 yards Peyton connected on, secondary needs work.

Still a solid game by the giants

Back