2006 NFL Season Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

td killer was that and the BULLSHIT offensive pass interference call... Tim Carter hardly touched and you know recievers and corners are slappin at eachother the whole way down the field, that and he did not push off, he made a blantant pause.... which led to a INT.

OFF:
Tiki is solid, tough to stop him. Jacobs, he is the future of the giants running game (6-4, 260lbs, with amazing feet). Eli looked great, escaped the rush well, passes werent dead on but he made complitions. There were two plays in the final minute where Shockey and someone didnt go out of bounds when they should have wasting time...

DEF:
Their pass rush is insane, every play Peyton had to evade (which he did much to his credit) and they simply killed any chance of a running game. Pass def blows, anything deeper than 8 yards Peyton connected on, secondary needs work.

Still a solid game by the giants

it was not BS!!!

Ok it was. LOL But hey, whatever. :D

Colts defense rarely if ever got anywhere NEAR Eli. The Giants basically looked badass this game. If it weren't for that illegal snap at 17 seconds, they could have very well won the game.

not that im a fan, but i think the cardinals will be really strong this year.

The Seahawks barely squeeked by the Lions 9-6. Will the Madden curse still hold true? Only time will tell.

bah, fuck the curse. EVERY team excelled defensively yesterday. offense takes forever to get running smoothly. that's why carolina got shut down, seattle, kc had injuries.

Seahawks are a great contender because they have a solid defense and when the offense gets all the receivers back and healthy they will be hard to stop.

Cinci doesn't have the defense or the depth. But they could play spoiler for a couple teams.

Indi has little run game and the #3 receiever is hurt. It wouldn't be a big deal if they didn't pass very much.

Carolina lost steve smith for a couple weeks. The run game is weak. They came into the season extremely overrated.

Dallas will have cohesion problems. The #1 receiver can't get the ball because Bledsoe can't handle a rush. They will be beat by any team that has a pass rush. They gave up 49 sacks last year and had horrible offensive numbers.

Experts pick:Seahawks over Indy in the superbowl 28-22.

o yea...i forgot i like the seahawks too...lol...tells you how much i keep up with pro...but i only started to like them cuz i like shaun alexander...since he was the running back for alabama in his college days!!! w00t w00t!

Yeah. Alexander graduated from a local highschool here and everybody that went, or goes to the school loves him.

Getnick, I hear you on the shitty offenses last week. Alot of the teams still have a few bugs to work out. I'd say by the 3rd week we will see all of the teams offenses reach their full potential.

I don't expect Cincy to win it all, but they are definite contenders. Just look at the offense. Palmer, R. johnson, C. johnson, T.J., Henry. Then you have a defense with the most interceptions in a game, (5), since like 1970. They scored almost 10pts per game off of turnovers last season. Their secondary is pretty nasty, Deltha O'neal,Odell Thurman, and Brian Simmons are just three of the defensive forces to be reckoned with.

One thing they dont have going for them though, is their player depth, even though the 2nd string QB looked pretty good in the preseason.

Offenses take 1-2 games to get down. Ofcourse most offenses arent going to be great, its the first game.

In response to the "wont matter in indy doesnt pass", uhhhh ok... Addai and the other guy are NEVER going to replace Edgerrin, their run game is weaker now. They are going to pass constantly just like they always have, but more so now with the absence of Edgerrin. I think Peyton might reach high 30's for TD's.

Cincy, yeah their def has come apart, and last year they werent great, but i think their great offense will take them to the playoffs easily.

Seahawks.... Tatupu, thats all i have to say. (was he a rookie last year?)

Just wait for the return of Roethlisberger, just wait... he is going to put up big numbers.

Carolina. Overrated? Maybe. Can they back up their shit? To an extent. Deshawn Foster alone isnt going to take the team far, and Delhomme... well he ALWAYS has rough starts to seasons... always, like Plummer (lol), but Steve Smith is going to return and reign supreme again.

Eagles, god i fucking hate the fucking bEagles. I hate Reid and McNabb, mainly because they are in the same division as the Gaints. I will say this though, they looked GOOD! Stallworth, who i personally think is VERRRRY underrated, was disgusting, along with Westbrook (he'll get injured in 4 weeks, he always does), but McNabb impressed me the most, scrambling, dead on passes, avoiding the rush... He looks very healthy, but who knows about longevity.

Im going to start a thread for weekly pick'ums and keep record, i think that will be fun. Yay or nay?

I say start the thread. It should be pretty fun if enough people participate.

To an extent, you are right about the Bengals D. Their main pass interceptor is suspended right now, but when he comes back you will be seeing alot more turnovers.

The Seahawks barely squeeked by the Lions 9-6. Will the Madden curse still hold true? Only time will tell.

How exactly is it a curse when both teams seemed to have badass defenses? I watched the second half of that game, neither team could move the ball down the field that well.

rothlesberger is a fucking joke. that guy won't ever have huge number. i have zero faith in a qb who wears a receivers glove on his THROWING hand. the only reason he did half way decent is because he had two great running threats and a killer defense.

the league is up for grabs this year. there are only a couple of teams that can stay competitive. the key for this year is who can stay healthy. whoever has the least crucial injuries come playoff time will win.

How exactly is it a curse when both teams seemed to have badass defenses? I watched the second half of that game, neither team could move the ball down the field that well.

Then Madden curse supposedly happens to the team/player who is featured on the latest madden game. Alexander is on Madden 07's cover. It is rumored to make whomever is on the cover have a shitty season. In the past, it has held true multiple times.

Then Madden curse supposedly happens to the team/player who is featured on the latest madden game. Alexander is on Madden 07's cover. It is rumored to make whomever is on the cover have a shitty season. In the past, it has held true multiple times.

That's cause people believe in rumors, fate and all that blah-de-dah.

The Madden curse says the coverboy gets injured..... Ray Lewis, Michael Vick, Donovann McNabb, I think Daunte Culpepper and Eddie George as well? All injured.
Shaun will prove it wrong this year tho....:cool:

not all of them got hurt. eddie just played like shit, marshall faulk played like shit, and ray lewis had a bad offense. don't forget barry sanders was the first player on there and retired before the season even started. check out wikipedias full article on it. it's pretty cool.

Madden NFL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, actually all of them did get hurt....Marshall Faulk got injured his same cover year, Eddie and Ray got injured in the following seasons (both season ending??)
I think curses are bull but that is a pretty interesting series of events
:hmm:

Last edited:
Yeah, actually all of them did get hurt....Marshall Faulk got injured his same cover year, Eddie and Ray got injured in the following seasons (both season ending??)
I think curses are bull but that is a pretty interesting series of events

EA officials point out that Ray Lewis and Eddie George appeared on the covers of the 2005 and 2001 versions, respectively, and had successful seasons without injury.

George=he averaged only 3 yards per carry and rushed for career lows of 939 yards and 5 touchdowns in the 2001 season

Lewis=He had an injury that kept him out of the last game of the regular season. It was also Lewis' first season without a single interception, after posting a career-high 6 the previous year.(so he only missed 1 game. no biggie there)

Dorsey Levens (1999)=Cut by the Packers in 2001 and finished his career as a journeyman player.

Alexander=His first game of the season against at Detroit Alexander ran for only 51 yards fumbled the ball twice, one of them lost.

So, we are both right. They are fucked, but not always hurt. Wikipedia was fast as hell to get those stats about alexander up there. damn....

Well, either way here's to Shaun's season not going to :crap: and the Seahawks :shuriken:ing everyone else

Back