2007 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's right, Nick and Sean got my back when it comes to Kobe :D

Over rated? lol let's talk over rated... first name that comes to mind is :clearsthroat: LeBron James... yes, the kid who was so over hyped coming out of high school. and i will put this next part in all caps so the retards who can't read can actually see what i'm saying... I NEVER SAID LEBRON WASN'T A GREAT PLAYER, JUST OVER RATED... this guy has had so much hype and while he has brought the cavs back into play-off contenders, he still hasn't accomplished these blow out numbers that the "experts" said he would do. He's past the learning curve already, it's time for him to wake up.

sorry man, i can't agree with you on lebron being over rated. he was 19 years old and averaged 20pts/5ast/5rebs. what more can ANYBODY in the league do? i think he is exceeding expectations. this year he averaged 25/8reb/7ast at only 22 years old.

compare this kid to magic johnson. lebron is going to the hall of fame, you can't say that's over rated.

sorry man, i can't agree with you on lebron being over rated. he was 19 years old and averaged 20pts/5ast/5rebs. what more can ANYBODY in the league do? i think he is exceeding expectations. this year he averaged 25/8reb/7ast at only 22 years old.

compare this kid to magic johnson. lebron is going to the hall of fame, you can't say that's over rated.
no i think you're missing my point. I never said he wasn't good or isn't doing good, i'm simply saying is he isn't meeting the expectations everyone was saying he was going to meet. Watch ESPN and shit and listen to those guys talk about him now. He's doing great, yes, but he's not doing anything near what people thought he would be doing this point in his career.

For example, people were expecting him to be a 10 this time in his career, he's performing at a 9... 10 is a higher rating than a 9, there fore, an over rating.

ONCE AGAIN I'M NOT SAYING HE ISN'T GOOD OR THAT HE WON'T GET BETTER, JUST OVER RATED FOR WHAT HE'S DONE SO FAR CONSIDERING WHAT EVERYONE EXPECTED HIM TO BE DOING!!!

For example, people were expecting him to be a 10 this time in his career, he's performing at a 9... 10 is a higher rating than a 9, there fore, an over rating.
That's the stupidest thing I've heard today - and I've been watching sports and sportscasters all day long.

That's the stupidest thing I've heard today - and I've been watching sports and sportscasters all day long.
it was just an example... so stupid huh, just like it was stupid for me saying miami was gonna win it all last year:rolleyes: :fuckyou2:

All i'm saying about LeBron is that he isn't playing to what people expected him to playing at right now, therefore he is being over rated. Did i ever say he wasn't good? No...

no i think you're missing my point. I never said he wasn't good or isn't doing good, i'm simply saying is he isn't meeting the expectations everyone was saying he was going to meet. Watch ESPN and shit and listen to those guys talk about him now. He's doing great, yes, but he's not doing anything near what people thought he would be doing this point in his career.

ONCE AGAIN I'M NOT SAYING HE ISN'T GOOD OR THAT HE WON'T GET BETTER, JUST OVER RATED FOR WHAT HE'S DONE SO FAR CONSIDERING WHAT EVERYONE EXPECTED HIM TO BE DOING!!!
when i first heard all they hype, i was annoyed. i was sick of hearing about this stupid fucking high school kid being the #1 overall pick. then i watched him play. it was unbelievable. but since i didn't pay much attention, i'm not sure 100% what they expected out of him. but i figured he exceeded all expectations. i guess i was wrong.

when i first heard all they hype, i was annoyed. i was sick of hearing about this stupid fucking high school kid being the #1 overall pick. then i watched him play. it was unbelievable. but since i didn't pay much attention, i'm not sure 100% what they expected out of him. but i figured he exceeded all expectations. i guess i was wrong.
maybe the word i should of said was underachieve because it seems like over rated is too strong for people to understand what i mean.

Anyway, people were saying he was this kid who was supposed to "save" the nba, what ever that means, and that he would accomplish this and that by this time, and so on.

Kobe wasn't pulling the shit he's doing for the past couple seasons when he was as young as Lebron. It seems to me like you have more expectations for him than anyone else.

The only problem I see here is that you listen to analysts that talk out of their ass because its how they have to treat every story - because it puts food on the table.

And yes, I realize you're not saying he's bad player.

Kobe wasn't pulling the shit he's doing for the past couple seasons when he was as young as Lebron. It seemsto me like you have more expectations for him than anyone else.
LeBron is in a completely different scenario... it's easy to shine on a bad team when you are as good as LeBron is. When Kobe got to the Lakers, there were already some key players there, I.E. Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, and so on...

I had no expectations for him when he was coming out of high school, he's actually exceeded my expectations but the fact still remains that before he got into the league and even during his rookie year, people (fans, sports media, ect...) were saying that he was gonna be so good that people would forget who Kobe, Allen iverson, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady; were. 'They' gave him the name King James because he was supposed to rule all and be this scoring and defensive machine by his 3rd year in the league. He has underachieved thus far according to a lot of people, not just sportscasters. Once again, he's an awesome player, just not quite where everyone expected him to be. He's exceeded my expectations by far except for maybe his jumper, i thought it would be better than it is right now but oh well, he's better then me anyway lol

I didnt even realize this thread was around....i needed somewhere to vent.

So about 3 months ago my friends and I are sitting at the bar watching the 2nd (or 3rd?) GS v. Dallas game, and i make the determination right there that "Dallas will have no problems making the final so long as they never see GS in the playoffs." Of course that means Dallas is gonna get GS the first round. They have the skill to beat GS, no question about it....the real question is WILL THEY!? Its almost depressing watching Dallas play this round. But enough about Dallas, they are the home team...its all good.

Im going to assume Dallas is NOT going to make the final since they got paired with GS. Since they arent, im gonna say the final this year is the Bulls and the Nuggets. Nuggets take it in 6.

Attachments

• nba-breakdown.txt
    316 bytes · Views: 181
Last edited:
The Nuggets? Have you watched the Denver/SanAn series? Makes me want to impale my eyes on a rusty farming tool because they play so ugly.

wait for it. i think denver is gonna surprise people. not only that, now i have to redo my attachment cause the NBA's playoff brackets are gay. they arent like NCAA brackets.

now that im redoing my playoff predictions. even if the nuggets beat san an, they have to play pheonix....who they wont beat.

West First Round

Mavs​
Warriors​
Warriors

Suns​
Suns​
Lakers

Spurs​
Nuggets​
Nuggets

Jazz​
Rockets​
Rockets​

East First Round

Pistons​
Pistons​
Magic

Cavs​
Cavs​
Wizards

Raptors​
Nets​
Nets

Bulls​
Bulls​
Heat​

West Semi-Final

Warriors​
Rockets​
Rockets

Suns​
Suns​
Nuggets​

East Semi-Final

Pistons​
Pistons​
Bulls

Cavs​
Cavs​
Nets​

West Conference Final

Rockets​
Suns​
Suns​

East Conference Final

Pistons​
Pistons​
Cavs​

NBA Final

Suns​
Pistons​
Pistons​

If Avery can say the right words and get the mavs to stop letting nelly and a buncha thugs walk over them, then this entire break down would need to be revised.

Last edited:
OHHHHH SNAAAPPPPPPZZZ YOOOOOO

GS and Dallas are on tonight, who's watching?!? MEE!!!
man i gotta work tonight. i'm a big baron davis fan but i want to see dallas win because i feel they are the only team, besides maybe the nuggets, that can beat the suns. as long as the suns don't win the championship i'm happy :D

Ill more than likely be glued to the TV for tonights MAVS game! Store traffic will be slow since they are playing so Ill get to go watch it on the big screen!

3min left in the 2nd quarter.... Dallas up by 15 andhas lead by asmuch at 21. Baron Davis is the man, so is jackson.. but i dont think they got that in em

ok detroit all the way unless the underdogs gs make it to the finals then i'd love to see them win. too bad they just lost game 5 awesome game though i wanna see dirk's, avery's, and cuban's faces when they lose to the warriors that would be priceless. if dirk was gets voted mvp it should be revoked hahaha:D

denver is starting to piss me off after there game the night before last, and dallas scared the ever living shit outa me last night (from what i can remember from last night). I said dallas was gonna lose the series, and hang me for that if you want, but damnit they almost gave away a 20 point lead.....well actually they did give it away and had a miraculous come back.

Back