2007 North East Street Car Challenge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Plus, once this event gets outside of Hondaswap...every Tom, Dick, and Harry will want an excuse to bring their Z06's out to have fun....and I'll take their money too... :p

Chris... No offense, your mirage may be good on the track... But NO WAY it would keep up or be setup for a road race, and what could it possible run in the 1/4? 15's? B should be low 13's high 12's...

And as far as no car to race... Not right now.. I'm shopping... I've got my eye on an '07 Legacy GT.. That wouldn't be too bad on the autoX and Drag, but I wouldn't want to bring my brand new car onto LimeRock, especially since I have never road raced before...

we'll see :)

car built by you from the ground up > car purchased built

im not worried. new slicks all the way around and new suspension should take care of those problems.

Chris... I think Clayton is right... That may just be overstepping the boundaries of the mirage taking it on a road course in a balls out timed event first time out...

And Sure building something yourself may be better... And when I build the garage, I will go pick up an LT1 and drop it into an S13, throw some KTS Coils on it
, cage it, and AutoX the fuck out of it... But thats a few years out.. The bedroom addition comes first.

I am not doubting the ability of your car or you as a driver. But there is a difference between vegas & mirages from M3's.

its alright noah, i always have to step up my game for someone or something. ive got some tricks up my sleeve.

Please tell me this is not one of your sleeved tricks....:huh:

2483609_15_full.jpg

:D

this thread sucks. On so many levels.

I can't believe I never read it.

I'm still pullin for ya cel! Good luck man :thumbsup:

It's NOT A FUCKING (regular) VEGA. Why can't you people get this through your heads !?

that's why I challenged B to the race. Because I have a Cosworth Vega.

Perhaps this will help:

COSWORTH VEGA !

You guys can look up all you want online about it. You can read all the 110 hp blah blah. But I doubt any of you have ever laid eyes on a Cosworth anything. I, for the win, actually own this combo and was so surprised that I decided to challenge someone in their lightly modded M3.

This competition is fun, but presents it's own problems:

For more than the original 2 people - there is no way to get a simple "best of 3" out of it. Our cars will make 1/4 mile passes over and over. We will track and arrange countless laps on the track, and it will take 2 autocross events to spread out the points.

Also, my car has to be ready. The body is going off for it's work this week, and I expect a 6 month run-around on that alone. Then it's the installation of the new axle, the new suspension setup and the 5 lug conversion which has never been pulled off with a 3" drop before. Test and tune, and I'm looking at an 8 month project.

You're all dingbats.

If you can come up with another way for multiple people to enter in a pool, then go for it. I'm not doing multiple top speed runs in anything against 6 cars with my priceless motor. Not gonna happen.

Also, banning Nitrous is lame. I know that autocross and track doesn't allow it, but 1/4 does. Same car, if it's daily driven with Nitrous then it should be ok.

I'm not putting my stock Neon against an M3. The NX I may consider, but the Cosworth is what I had to prove. That car is just like a 240SX with an SR20DET at 8 pounds. And that's in it's emissions friendly config. The new death-belching reindexed straight piped glasspacked high compression configuration is a bit more like it.

so I take it the vega is not going to make the comp....

ohh well...I guess I'll just win B's and Chris's money...$2000 will buy 4 rear tires for the Z... :p

Has a date been set yet ? I mean I'll try - but shit man this competition still has to be worked out for multiple people. When there are more than 2 people then you have to do bracket tournament. And if that's the case we're talking about those multiple runs that my rare ass motor has to handle time and time again. Even pro builders with massive amounts of money and equipment have trouble doing that.

Bracket Tourny?? You set it up for winner take all out of the average!

And an SR20 @ 8 lbs does about... Mid 14's.

Bracket Tourny?? You set it up for winner take all out of the average!

Incorrect. I challenged Brian and only Brian.

And an SR20 @ 8 lbs does about... Mid 14's.

Yup. like I said, that's how it feels now. What I'm doing is restoring the detuned gas-crisis engine to it's intended Formula Atlantic 2000cc specification.

Please tell me it's all coming together for you now.

Back