2007 North East Street Car Challenge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

.. with fiberglass fenders, bumpers, hood and trunk. So now it'll weigh more like a modern car - around 2400 lbs if my weight savings calculations are on.

one drag...one autocross, and one road race...no brackets...

my Z is 2600lbs.... but tunable to 500 hp. And if I get the parts on order and the parts on hand installed...drop that down to 1900... Stiff as hell and DOT rubber to compete. CF hood *drool*

Just give up...the speed in my garage out fathoms the weak minded. Only problem is I have to put it together...and right now the wife wants me to remodel her study room. :(

How can you have more than 2 people, in a best of 3, without a bracket ?

I say we take all 3 cars out at the same time, and we crash into each other during all the events - Then we don't need a bracket !

WAIT ! Totally AWESOME idea !

We make it 4 competitions, same car - Drag, Autocross, Road race... and Demolition derby !

Then we're all on even grounds - no one is taking their treasure to that competition !

sounds like somebody's gettin butthurt already...

And how does a 2400lb, 110hp car = mid 14's? Thats 17.1 in my book...

Whats that? 180hp you say? ok.. 14.5.... At Sea Level... With a perfect Driver.... On a downhill.... With the wind behind you...

4 cylinder at the drags and road race is no match for 6 cylinders +... Unless it's s drag only car...popping out 300hp and the weight is less than 1800 lbs....with slicks. I'd be scared if Wildbills old hatch made a showing all decked out in CF and decent tires....but that's just me, and me knowing what a car is capable of doing...regardless of the driver.

I think we should now open this up to running for pinks....then B would be scared.....haha. Then I'd back out, because if I won....I got enough junkers lining my driveway. :p

it would not be difficult to run this as a 3 event competition with multiple cars
all you have to do is work out a points system for the 3 types of events... autocross will be the hardest to do a points system for...

3 events, 100 possible points per event, 300 total points possible, higest points wins

drag racing
10 seconds is a good place to start from
every 10th of a second over 10 seconds drops a point off
10.0sec = 100pts, 10.1 = 99.....20.0sec = 0pts

limerock
the track record is 43.112 seconds... not that anyone is at any risk of getting that or even close to it but its a good place to start
every 1/2 second over 43.0 drops a point
43.0= 100pts, 43.5 = 99..... 93seconds = 0pts

autocross
now this will be a bit trickier due to the fact that the course will not be known untill the day of the event and the best time for that course will not be known untill the end of the day... so for autocross it will be the FTD (fastest time of the day) for 100pts and one point will be lost for very 0.05 over FTD... that gives you points for anything within 5 seconds of the FTD...
so if the FTD is 48 seconds that will be 100pts 48.05 = 99.... 53.0 = 0pts
the only problem would be if none of you come within 5 seconds of FTD... i guess it could go by 0.1 to give you guys 10 seconds over FTD (if you cant land there you should not be in a competition in the first place)

so while this does not give a true "best of 3" it does give an overall best car/driver... the only thing that would need to be worked out is a tie breaker in the event of 2 drivers getting the same overall score after the 3 events

Last edited:
Back