2008 BMW M1 Concept

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lancia does a niche market, like Rover and the like. Still a company, on their way out. Lets look at the chart that E put up

EDIT: When I got my CRX it was a toss up between that and a Scorpion Abarth. Shoulda taken the Scorpion. It had (has) warning lights that actually scared me. shit like "Brake fluid temperature" and "Battery temperature"

Damn should have got the Abarth, so much cooler than a Rex but Im a sucker for hatchbacks.

Not really what I remember it looking like.
abarth_punto.jpg

Last edited:
Damn should have got the Abarth, so much cooler than a Rex but Im a sucker for hatchbacks.

Not really what I remember it looking like.
abarth_punto.jpg

that is a Ford Punto, in Abarth trim. Abarth isn't a model, it's a designation.

Mark_McMahan_Lancia_Scorpion_Race_Car.jpg

That's what I was looking at. The Scorpion Montecarlo has full glass on the back (it's rear engined) and the Abarth is a hollowed race model (Think Type R)

This is more what I thought they looked like.
136.jpg

I think this is an some Autobianchi though.

I like the Montecarlo, looks a little like the Lotus Europa.

my personal experience with an Abarth was with one of these
1960-61_porsche_carrera_abarth_06_m.jpg

1960 Porsche 356 Carrera Abarth GTL

that car was simply amazing

Im thinking the name of this thread needs to be changed to, "Best classic/concept car picture thread."

I'm actually looking for a kit car like that to mount the Cosworth into. I don't believe there is a kit for that though.

Wanna help me design something ?

I was at one of the local yards the other day and found an old Saab Sonnet, its been clipped, but right in front of the firewall so the dash and windshield is all there and the front half is sitting right next to it and the V4 motor is in the bushes. Its an all fiberglass body so it being clipped where it was would be no problem, but I figure if I can get it for like $100 or less, tube chassis with a mild 350, turbo 400 and a 9inch it would be an awesome street car.

saab_sonnet-ii_03.jpg

The Sonnet^

a friend of mine has a Sonnet. Same gen too. One of the guys at autocross also runs a mark 1 Sonnet. Great little cars. They leak like a sieve though.

They have the V4, but I have a feeling that you can put a Honda 800cc V4 in it, or even better - the VTX1800 in one. talk about a screamer. The brakes in the car are delicate and very 60's (You can wear out the brakes in one autocross)

my personal experience with an Abarth was with one of these
1960-61_porsche_carrera_abarth_06_m.jpg

1960 Porsche 356 Carrera Abarth GTL

that car was simply amazing
nicest looking porche I've ever seen, I'm not a huge porche fan. I appreciate them and all that they do, just not a fan.

Back