2008 Civic Brake problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with the rear brakes wearing out very quick on a 2008 Civic? I know that there is a problem on the Accords with the pads wearing out quickly.

My gf has a 2008 Civic with 17,000 miles on it and the back right brake is starting to make a burning smell while driving. The dealer said it might need new pads when she called to make the appointment. I think that 17,000 miles is way to fast for the back brakes to be worn. The lady at the dealer also mentioned that for the Accords pads wearing out quickly Honda will not do anything for the owners, which is ridiculous. Honda has definitely gone down hill.

yeah 17k is kind of quick but it all depends on how you drive, if you ride the breaks a lot then of course they are going to wear faster. Also you could just check yourself if it needs breaks, it's not that hard

tell you gf to release the E brake lol. jk. adjust your e brake a little, hopefully the slack would fix the problem before if ruins her rotors.

my dad has an 08 civic and it has like 50k and all we've done is change the oil (p.s.) dont let the oil life go past 0%, its a bitch to reset the computer after that, its even kinda a pain to do in the first place lol

Call the dealership and complain. Tell them that the rear brakes on most Honda's routinely last over 100k miles. Also say that you bought a Honda because they are advertised as having the lowest ownership costs of any make. Replacing pads at 17k is unacceptable.

The 08 Accord definately has it's rear brake issues. Our company 08' needed it done at 25k. My co workers 09' needed them done at 15k. I agree it's bullshit. Knowing how effing rediculous the quality standards are at Honda I find it hard to believe that it snuck though. Shit, changing screws on a roof rack requires hours of meetings with the"experts" in Japan.

Back