2008 Crash Thread. Crashed? Post it here!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Ok, simple thread. Have you crashed your car in any way, shape, or form (or been hit for that matter) since January 1st of this year? If so, add your name to the list and what you were driving. On your post, at the bottom, you can add details if you like. I haven't had the misfortune of crashing this year, so I needed a guinea pig to start off the thread, so, sorry aleaf! =D Feel free to add others, I'd like a somewhat comprehensive list. No, this isn't to bash people or any of that crap. Its to make me feel better, after reading a similar thread on a motorcycle forum that has reached beyond the 40s.

1: Aleaf.CRX 89 CRX DX
2:

Licked a guard rail!

dayum. last accident i had was last year when i hit a raccoon in my Ford Focus. it did $1500 worth of damage to the front end of the car...

Well, this isn't anything major but.. and sorry for it being longish

2: Korax 1992 CB7

My 1992 CB7. June in the middle somewhere.

I was at a friends house. He has a 1997 EX manual coupe. He was off at school and when he came back his clutch stopped working. Just sunk to the floor. He was all ready to buy a clutch when I told him it was just the fluid. I brought a compressor (mine) and a bleeder i borrowed from a tech at work. Fixed it in five minutes. We hang out a while. It gets dark. I'm parked in his yard facing slightly down hill, off to the side of the driveway. Cars filled the driveway so I just backed up along side them. Then I hit an 8x8 tie/log thing and it made a shit ton of noise. I stopped and pulled forward to see nothing wrong.. no bumper scratches.. nothing, couldn't see under, it was too dark . So I just drove home. Felt ok. I go up in the morning and I see it. My stock bar is bent to almost the middle of the gas tank. It gets better when I have a "full tank" and my gas light is on :ph34r:.

Long story... long? I ordered a progress bar (I think 22m) that day from nolimitmotorsport.com.. in mid June. After several calls and and e-mails. I still have yet to receive my bar.....

Edit: Fixed!

Last edited:
So, should read:

3: tabKola 99 Civic LX
4:

Looked over at a rolled over suv, said "Sucks for that guy" then rear ended the guy in front of me

Last edited:
Almost lost it making a left turn about a couple of weeks ago. Road was slippery and the rear end slid out. That was fun :thumbsdown:

4: B 2004 M3

rear ended by an 18-wheeler 2 weeks ago :(

<-- Has never wrecked a car. :knocks on wood:

I said that once too. Then the next day, guess what? After that wreck, I decided that I needed to go to a driving school. :D

I wrecked one in early 2007, and got smashed up in late 2007, but nothing in '08 so far. Although, I probably would have a few times if it weren't for the driving school....

Im a very cautious driver, Im always aware of whats around me, but Ill probably get T-boned tomorrow taking the parents car back to them.

5: Recked 1994 Bagged S10

Smacked a guard rail dragging.

6: EF9_Hatch 89 Civic hatch

icy roads slid into a ditch.

dont forget the crazylightweight or whatever his name was...rolld er over because the paint on the road:D

7: George777 91 CRX Si

Got the CRX for my girl. Someone backed into it at the Wal-Mart parking lot. Dented up the fender so it made that ever-so-pleasant crunching noise every time the door was opened. So we replaced the fender. Two weeks later, someone backed into the freshly replaced fender. So we replaced it again. Then someone decided that they needed all the moldings from the car, so ripped them off. Since then, the fender has been dented again. I gave up.

7: George777 91 CRX Si
8: chestercheeto48 2005 carivan

Smoked a 40 lb. coon coming home from a baseball game. 9xx.xx damage to the parents van I borrowed to shuttle around drunk inlaws.

Back