2008 Crash Thread. Crashed? Post it here!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Care to elaborate?
ya sorry...i was out of it bad when i posted last night (still a bit loopy today). i went car shopping in the city(where aleaf lives) yesterday for a new car. i loaded the stock parts up in the hatch and headed that way. i wanted to trade my honda in on a different honda/acura or a toyota/nissan truck.

im not super comfortable driving over there, im a country boy and just not used to that place. anyways, i made a left hand turn across 3 lanes of traffic...i thought the 3rd was a turn lane since the 2 lanes closest to me stopped and waved me through. turns out the 3rd lane was reserved for giant dodge ram trucks who like to speed a bit...i pulled out in front of him and the rest is history, like my honda. t-boned on the passenger side...i have pics on my phone and will try to get some up asap.

Last edited:
ehh, at least you're ok... and you were done with the car anyway. :) Now, you just gotta let insurance handle your trade-in :)

Damn that sucks. Ya drivin on packed city streets is a bit of a challenge lol. Round here you hafta wait for all the ass holes who think theyre more important than everyone else on the road. On top of that, they drive like a 16 year old girl talkin on a cell phone. Gets a bit hairy sometimes lol.

i went and removed my duckbill wing, iceman intake, jdm airbag tray, and the acura fat fives i had on it...the rest is gone. i will sell the parts, keep the rims for the next honda and move on with whatever i find on craigslist for a good price.

Attachments

• totaled1.jpg
    totaled1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 135
  • totaled2.jpg
    totaled2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 108
  • totaled3.jpg
    totaled3.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 135
  • totaled5.jpg
    totaled5.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 106
  • totaled6.jpg
    totaled6.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 123
lucky you didn't have a passenger in there with you... he would've gotten hurt probably
ya im thankful as all get out that i didnt have anyone with me, it almost makes me want a full size truck. the tin can feel scares me a bit now.

1: Aleaf.CRX 89 CRX DX
2: Korax 1992 CB7
3: tabKola 99 Civic LX
4: B 2004 M3
5: Recked 1994 Bagged S10
6: EF9_Hatch 89 Civic hatch
7: George777 91 CRX Si
8: chestercheeto48 2005 carivan
9: hope801 96 dodge neon
10. K2e2vin 96 Chrysler Concorde
11: newb '98 Z28
12. Jeef 06 e150
13: Celerity 07 Yaris
14: Budda 94 Lebaron, 90 lesabre
15: John_the_accord_man '01 mazda b2500
16: SlushboxTeggy '97 Integra
17: 1990_Ef_Hatch 1995 Acura Integra SE
18: Matts96HB 1989 Volvo 760 Wagon
19: 99sidude 1993 civic dx
20: Reikoshea 2004 Volkswagen Beetle
21: awptickes 2000 Honda Civic EJ9
22: Korax 1992 CB7 #2
23: Budda 1993 Ford Ranger
24. B16 2005 Lan Evo 8
25: sevenhillsbilly 1994 s-10 dropped
26: sufikation 98 civic hatchback
27, 28, and 29: 94civicturbo lifted s-10, '92 accord

these are all my friends this year while i was with him: we were goin about 80 on a backroad we didnt know in his accord and we ramped railroad tracks and sideswiped a guardrail. we were at a party and he backed his s-10 into a saab and we kinda left cuz neither got damaged. the last one we were drivin down the road in his accord and he started swervin like a dumbass and the roads were slick and we jumped the ditch and ended up in the middle of a field, we were goin like 65 down a road sideways lol

if you were in a faull size truck, you probably would have been flipped over on your side and gotten hurt.

seriously.

size isn't everything in accidents.
99% of all cars out rank all trucks in safety and less likely to roll over.
The roll over is the killer in suv's, etc.

bridger.us Archive Crash Testing: MINI Cooper vs Ford F150

Aye all trucks, minus the newer Tundra, are really bad when it comes to frontal impacts especially. Those front wheels do some pretty serious damage when hit in the front (they push the passenger compartment in and crush you or just your legs). I know when the new Tundra came out it was the only truck on the market that didn't do that. I don't know anything about the new f150 so it isn't included.

My 2004 Silverado took a front and side impact well. 30+K in damage done and I walked out with some neck pain and a hurt arm, all of which are better now. I was doing 45 and he hit me doing atleast 70. If I had passengers they would have also been fine.

this happened this summer i was driving home from the diner with wife and the kids in my 78 camaro just mindin my own , enjoying the nice weather.:D when i stopped a red light and a pathfinder rear ended me busting the brand new tail light and denting in my bumper really good .:rant: but the funny thing is i drove off fine but her car had to get towed to the shop .:walk: thats what she gets for not payn attention lol total cost for me $ 27. ... her expression priceless !!!!

Early 90's suburban towing a bass boat vs 90ish taurus head on collision. I saw it happen, pulled over to help if possible, taurus guy got out of his car, walked several steps, looked at me, spit blood, fell to his knees and hit face first in the dirt. Hard. That "thump" is still clear in my memory. So I made sure he was breathing ok and didn't move him at all. (already called 911 on the cell and was talking to the opp) Suburban guy had to be cut out with the jaws of life. He was in good shape but his foot was smashed between the firewall, floor, and door. Just solidly stuck. Took the fire fighters a good 30 minutes to cut him out. His foot was mangled to hell. They were both doing 60ish, and the taurus just ran right across the road and smacked him.

30. doubleD06 '93 GMC Jimmy

She doesnt come round too much, so Ill post it. She was headed to work and the roads were icy. Someone in a crown vic came across 3 lanes of traffic and into her lane. She was only doin like 15 MPH but she hit em in the rear quarter panel.

They are now. We spent last nite in the hospital. She was having contraction that were gettin more intense each time around. Long story short, shes just gotta take it easy and as of now there are no complications.

Back