2008 Football Pick 'em!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Until tonight he didnt have much of an offense. Seems like someone has shaped them up for the season to come.
he really doenst have much of a offense, unlike he had in Texas, but the titans find a way to get it done! vince uses his team and not just a few favorites. and it looked like vince was more confident last night then i have seen since late last year.

:worthy: SWEET. VINCE YOUNG IS THE MAN!!!!!!

he and the titans got a big win and helped me be the top picker this week and put me in a tie with get nick for #1.

damn chris your moving up quick too :p

some good picks this week
I try, I try :D

IMO, Vince only 'looks' good because of his O line. They protect him pretty damn good and give him tons of time to throw the ball. Don't get me wrong, he's a great talent but he's no better than Michael Vick like they (commentators and the 'experts' out there) make him out to be.

They win games because he has a pretty decent supporting cast so in everyone's eyes he does all the right things. Look what happened to Vick last season, he HAD to scrammble in half of their passing plays because of his front 5 and the other half he threw perfect passes and his receivers and tight ends couldn't hold on to the ball. It just pisses me off when I hear 'This is why mobile quarterbacks are so dangerous, if no ones open down the field they'll take off and make the play with their feet' then if a mobile quarterback's team isn't doing so well, you'll hear 'That's why you can't be a succesful team with a mobile quarterback because they don't like to sit there in the pocket' Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I suppose...

Point is, Tennessee as a team is better than Atlanta is/was, Young is not better than Vick individualy(sp?) However, Vince is bigger and stronger than Vick so i'm sure he's a lot harder to sack if you get your hands on him.

Last edited:
So, just to clarify, are we making pics based on the spread as well or just straight up win/loss ?

So, just to clarify, are we making pics based on the spread as well or just straight up win/loss ?
it's straight up wins and losses. i asked this last year and nobody even knew what a spread was.

Yes, W or L... no spread.

Spread wouldnt be as fun for some people although id do it over straight up. ANyhow... GIANTS ARE BACK YA'LL..... ok maybe it was just a fluke but still, they shoulda won week 1. Their D is just so fucking embarassing... to think they were the bar of outstanding defense nto too long ago....

you really think they should have won? look at what dallas did to chicago....your giants are nothing....NOTHING.

Dallas beat the shit out of the bears.... Wanna know why... Because the bears just suck all the way around. THE END!!!

Cowboys arent that great this year. They stomped a shitty team. That doesnt make them eligable for the Super Bowl .

they beat the giants, they beat the dolphins (shitty team) and they beat the bears. they beat them all the same way. causing turnovers and wearing the defense down. its a great tactic, and if they keep it up, they will make the superbowl...romo isnt holding kicks anymore, so you cant blame him for that anymore.

Dallas beat the shit out of the bears.... Wanna know why... Because the bears just suck all the way around. THE END!!!
All the way around? Go sit your ass in a hole somewhere... They have the most dangerous Special Teams Unit thanks to Devin Hester, along with outstanding blocking, and thier defense is phenominal. Their Offense in general isn't bad either, 'Wrecks' Grossman, however, is a different story and that's why you see the current QB change.

I'm a Dallas fan and I can honestly say that Dallas wouldn't have won the game by as much as they did if Lance Briggs never got hurt. They would have eventually gotten the win but probably only by a touchdown.

I can tell you don't like Dallas but to take away a dominant win over a team that went to the Superbowl last year is just plain wrong. Especially since the Bears still have their Superbowl team complete from last season.

Last edited:
Especially since the Bears still have their Superbowl team complete from last season.
not entirely true...they are missing 7 starters from last season. they lost their starting running back because they are retarded and traded him. The Bears are going to miss the playoffs. Griese is going to stabilize the team, and thats it. all he needs to do is not lose. he doesn't need to win.

with that being said, dallas is playing great. they have scored the second most points in the first 3 games of any team behing only the 2001 rams.

Bears need to rebuild their offense all over again. We'll see what Benson can do, but so far that isnt much. They can keep Berrian, Olsen, and Benson... get rid of everyone else.

Reiko, ofcourse i think they should of beat Dallas, im a NYGga fan :p The only thing that held the Giants down in that game was their defense, even if the d could of played average it would of atleast been a close game. BUt ofcourse, this is all after the fact, so it means nothing.

Cant wait for the Philly vs G-men sunday night! Colts/Broncos should be a great game as well.

Last edited:
not entirely true...they are missing 7 starters from last season. they lost their starting running back because they are retarded and traded him. The Bears are going to miss the playoffs. Griese is going to stabilize the team, and thats it. all he needs to do is not lose. he doesn't need to win.

with that being said, dallas is playing great. they have scored the second most points in the first 3 games of any team behing only the 2001 rams.
True, I forgot jones went to the Jets...

Because i like watching Jay Cutler and i like travis henry, and it wasnt a pretty decent game to watch..

ANyways, look whos 1pt behind in 2nd..... better step it up Nick. ;P

reiko, Giants are nothing huh?
i know, it was a shitty weekend. there were some weird scores to the games. who would have thought atlanta would beat houston and cleveland would beat baltimore.

the giants still suck...last nights game i was watching the offensive line collapse on both sides. the eagles have always had that problem. congrats on the win though. we'll see what happens next time we play yall :)

yeah it was upset weekend

DAMN i dropped to third

Last edited:
Wow... I had a horrible week. I picked a lot of upset picks and each of my teams had a legit chance of winning and they ALL just didn't show up to play. :(

Back