2008 Football Pick 'em!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shit. tough week. I found some ground, not enough though.

DAUNTEEE!!!! GET YO ROLL ONNNN NEEGROOOOO

Daunte coule be back, but just one week of td's on a SHITTTTYYYYYY Miami D isnt much to get excited about but come on.... 3 rushing td's... GET YOUR ROLL ON

Is anyone not THAT impressed by the undefeated teams except Green Bay??
i'm more surprised by all the 1-3 teams. new england hasn't played anybody, indy and dallas both had weak schedules. Green bay has shocked me.

it gets interesting around week 8 when indy and new england play.

this weekend is super bowl XL rematch. Fuck the steelers. Go HAWKS!!! funny how both teams are 3-1 and the only loss is to Arizona.

haah that is weird.

Im pissed at all the shows that are saying "Dallas is the best team in football behind the Pats." I mean, sure they are right now... but its only the first 1/4 of the season and they havent played ANY good teams.. well cept the pats beat the Chargers... but then again the new chargers coach couldnt coach his way out of a paperbag.

I could coach the chargers better. here watch.

I'll coach on defense.

"you's guys play pass coverage. merriman, you tackle da guy with da ball".

here's offense.

"Phillip, please hand the ball to Ladanian. over and over and over. Thank you son".

see, now we would be 4-0.

THats their problem, they arent giving it to LT like they should be. And phillips thinks he can acutally throw the ball to his average recievers and win it that way...

Heres the breakdown. Either hand it to LT or pass it to Gates. Done.

Next week Pats take on the Cowgirls.

we'll see....i think the cowboys will finally show their true colors. Theyve played mediocre teams so far, and finally people will see what ive been talking about. Tony is gonna play laid back...the line will protect him, if it doesnt, he'll spin out and throw to TO, Witten, or Crayton. If we let Marian Barber play more the game could be over on the run alone.

Now on defense, ill admit, we are not as strong, but our pass coverage is great (Terrance Newman, Anthony Henry, Roy Williams). That'll take Randy Moss and Brady out of the game a bit. If Henry (I assume he will be put on Moss) misses coverage on Moss Roy Williams will more than likely make Randy wish he hadnt caught the ball.

Our weak points are false starts on offense (Fucking Flozell) and Run Defense.

If we can just keep our offense on the field, the NE game will have the same outcome as all the rest.

It was just brought to my attention that we play NE next week and not tomorrow....guess i got my days backwards. Oh well...5-0 here we come.

We'll run Marion and Julius in rotation...beat down the defense on the run for about the first quarter, then let Tony drop back and do his thing. If youre not a Dallas fan then youve obviously overlooked what helps Dallas win games. They are all friends and when they play it doesnt appear they are playing for a paycheck but more for the fun of the game. Thats where the Dallas wins come from, and thats why they will be a good team even if our defense lets us down in this game.

For further expansion on the "Not playing for a paycheck" part. Look at how Owens played for the Eagles and for the 49ers. He was always "IM TO, AND IM THE REASON WE WIN GAMES". Now he's, "I don't care if I get the ball, Im opening up coverage for Witten to make his long gain crossing catches". Yeah, TOs talented, but hes finally come to the realization that this is a team sport, and if you listen to him talk it shows. "Romo is growing every game, and as Tony grows, the team comes together behind him, and we just keep getting better".

We shall see how this weeks game plays out....I hope I get to make the "I told you so" comment.

Last edited:
WTF is going on!?... New Orleans choked on me, Detroit decided they don't wanna win games anymore, I didn't know Alex Smith was hurt, if I did, I wouldn't of picked SF over Baltimore, I finally grew some faith in Green Bay and they let me down, and I FUCKING ACCIDENTLY chose Denver over San Diego!!! SD is way too talented and I knew they would get thier act together soon and I fucked up and accidently clicked on Denver... I hate this shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news, I just did a 45 minute workout session on my heavybag I just bought and now my arms and abs are fucking sore...bleh...i'm hungry now...

...LET"S GO DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ALMOST FUCKING JINXED IT!

Hows that for the cowboys :ph34r:

A game we could only lose....ONLY POSSIBILITY.....we somehow win. And fuck that calling the time out as the ball is snapped.

YOU ALMOST FUCKING JINXED IT!

Hows that for the cowboys :ph34r:

A game we could only lose....ONLY POSSIBILITY.....we somehow win. And fuck that calling the time out as the ball is snapped.
OMG I was getting mad the whole fucking game!!! Every chance they got to get back in it...INTERCEPTION!!!...then when it couldn't get any worse, Romo gets the ball stripped from his hands. But, they came away with the win and that's all that matters:)

BTW- I think that calling a time out before a field goal is a great, legal strategy. I'm sure you'd feel differently if Dallas was up by 1 point and used that strategy, then on the next kick the guy misses the field goal and gives Dallas the win. IMO, I wouldn't get rid of it. It's just like in basketball where you call a timeout between a players free throws to 'ice' him so he no longer has the feel for it. But if they got rid of it, I wouldn't care either way.

I have no problem with icing a kicker...meaning the defense calls a time out at 1 second left on the play clock (if the player can make the call before the ball is snapped).

Now...I do have a problem with letting a play proceed after a time out is called.

What the bills coach did was say "When they snap the ball, call a time out". Thats wrong in my opinion. You either call it before the play or dont bother...cause everyone except the bills coach thought the game was over...even the bills special team ACTUALLY PLAYED the down. That doesnt usually happen when you get the time out in.

WTF I PICKED SAN FRAN!!?!?!?!?!?!

i even dropped alex smith from a fantasy team.... wow. go me.

I have no problem with icing a kicker...meaning the defense calls a time out at 1 second left on the play clock (if the player can make the call before the ball is snapped).

Now...I do have a problem with letting a play proceed after a time out is called.

What the bills coach did was say "When they snap the ball, call a time out". Thats wrong in my opinion. You either call it before the play or dont bother...cause everyone except the bills coach thought the game was over...even the bills special team ACTUALLY PLAYED the down. That doesnt usually happen when you get the time out in.
You can't call a time out after the ball is snapped. You can't do a lot of things after the ball is snapped. The Bills coach never said 'when the ball is snapped' that's completely illegal. However, you can tell the ref to expect you to call a time out and that's exactly what he did. You can't tell a ref when to call the time out for you. That's why they showed the video of the Bills coach saying 'I'm gonna call a time out. Ready? OK, GO, GO NOW, Call IT'

As the opposing team, you HAVE TO do whatever you are going to do before the snap. The League makes it perfectly clear that you can't do a lot of things after the ball has been snap. The Bills players still played the down for various reasons. 1: to see if they can find a weak link in the line so they can block the kick on the next try 2: To rattle the kickers nerves a bit. If he misses, do you think he'll have confidence to make the 2nd kick? i think not. and 3: Just incase the coach decides against calling the time out. I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

Now what would suck is if he missed the first kick and they call a time out. Then on his 2nd chance he makes it lol If I was a coach and that happened to me, i'd retire lol

I don't think coaches should be allowed to stand next to the refs and call a timeout. this is a new rule. it used to be players only.

if you watch the highlights, all the bills thought it was a live play. they tried to stop the kick. normally when they are going to call a timeout, they just stand there.

The Bills players still played the down for various reasons. 1: to see if they can find a weak link in the line so they can block the kick on the next try 2: To rattle the kickers nerves a bit. If he misses, do you think he'll have confidence to make the 2nd kick? i think not. and 3: Just incase the coach decides against calling the time out. I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

if you watch the highlights, all the bills thought it was a live play. they tried to stop the kick. normally when they are going to call a timeout, they just stand there.
:)

Man, icant wait for the Pats vs Cowgirls game.

This will NOT be a close game, pats will dominate on both sides of the ball and crush the girls. If you disagree, you need some help.

Man, icant wait for the Pats vs Cowgirls game.

This will NOT be a close game, pats will dominate on both sides of the ball and crush the girls. If you disagree, you need some help.
You've been talking shit about the Cowboys since the season started...look what happened. If you would have just shut your trap, maybe the Giants would have beat the Cowboys. Too bad you jinxed them:D:D:D

The Pats 'should' win this game but it'll be closer than you think. I wanna see the look on your face if the Cowboys win;)

Back