2008 STi HATCH?!....repost?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
I searched and saw no mention of this...but I just saw this on an Austrailian board:

160a8w7.jpg

bullshit?

no joke, im interested...i still like the sedan better, but if the hatch is cheaper, we'll see. The evo has a wagon in japan, so you never know.

my opinion may change on it once i see it in person, but from that pic.. i dont like it

Hatchbacks are set to come back in the US, big time.

I believe they'll make a hatch, but it will start out in Toyota / Honda style. It will be pedestrian in engine options and available as a 4 door. Slightly smaller than the Imprezza and will get the "GL" name back to carry along with the retro-model that seems to work in North America.

I mentioned this is every post about the new impreza.

Its not supposed to just be the STi. It was mentioned that everyone thought the hatchback was coming in 2007 when there was a "redesign" but we all knew that "redesign" was only the STi limited that was targeted at more upper crust customers like M3/S4 canidates.

Subaru has yet to release a concept picture, so everything is a chop. A bunch of magazines have chops and the latest one I saw looked like a evo front end and a hatchback - but supposedly the magazine is usually very close to what the actual car looks like.

Subaru wants a hatchback, supposedly from the expert rally'ers, so that it can compete well on the tarmac events and beat the other hatches.

I'm not necessarily a fan of a hatchback but if its lighter and performs better I'm all for it. ...and I don't see it being much cheaper than the sedan. I mean the STi is one of the best bang for the buck cars you can get now, and with the 2.5L block in the standard WRX now, thats huge bang for your buck under 25k OTD. If they go lower, they're just going to be pricing themselves out. The TR was their attempt at going lower.

But yeah, from that chop I'd rock it. I think that looks better than the sedan. The backend reminds me of something Mazda and I like most all of mazda's new designs.

There is this little button at the bottom of your posts, it says EDIT, use that instead of making posts in a row. little fyi.

Seany-izzle said:
There is this little button at the bottom of your posts, it says EDIT, use that instead of making posts in a row. little fyi.

nah.

Back