2008 supra. What do you guys think?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Civic96

There were rumors that the 2008 supra will be available for purchase soon, the production cars are, a v6, 350 hp and a v8, 450hp. price ranging from $40k to $50 respectively. Its not clear wheter the cars are turbo charge, its seen like NA. I did some searches and saw the pictures, I like the 94-98 supra better. If I giving the choice, I would buy the 94-98 model rather than the 2008 model. What is your opinion on the rumors and the 2008 supra model?

"Supra is coming out next year!" thread #123788367623

The supra is gone. Get over it.

Oh, and 4th Gen Supras are gay.

orange-2008-toyota-supra-drawing.jpg

It looks like a Celica and Supra had secks and gave birth to this monstrosity.

i believe about 90% of what is on wikipedia.

[edit] Mark V

Throughout the past couple of years, major print and online auto publications have hinted at a possible revival of the Supra in 2007/2008, pointing the car in different directions. The vehicle was originally thought to be the flagship or halo model in the Toyota lineup, be powered by a high output V8, and have an estimated cost anywhere between $50,000 and $70,000. Other rumors hint at a V10 F1-inspired powerplant, like the current BMW M5 and M6, though current F1 engines have been downgraded to V8s. Power is 500 bhp or more, as this was likely due to the increasing number of sighting of a high performance sports car being tested throughout Europe and, more specifically, on the Nürburgring. These vehicles turned out to be the test mules for Lexus' future Lexus LF-A.[10]
Topspeed.com was among a number of publications that claimed that there will be a return of the Supra in 2008 [11] but Toyota disclaimed this rumor on August 15, 2006. The same numerous publications that originally speculated on a future Supra all stated no new vehicle was being developed. According to an AutoWeek article on current and upcoming Toyota vehicles, all rumors on the Supra's return are false.[12] Automotive News also claim Toyota has absolutely no plans for a Supra in the future.[13]
" All the rumors of the two-passenger sports car's return are false." - Automotive News[13] The Toyota FT-HS (Future Toyota-Hybrid Sport),[14] which debuted at the 2007 North American International Auto Show, was stated to be a concept for a vehicle that could fill the gap in Toyota's line-up left by the Supra.[15]

There is a new supra in the works. And so far, its pretty sexah. Looks like the last generation of supra but with sharper lines and angles. Looks kinda chopped, too. But as far as I know, there isnt an introduction year posted anywhere yet.

Well, according to the wiki artical posted above, this is the car I was speaking of, although the rendition I saw was much more tame. Closer to a production car.
800px-Toyota_ft-hs_ext_factory_img_01.jpg

They are calling it the "ft-hs ext". Its a supra, look at it.

Ah, Here we go, Just found these:
toyota-FT-HS-profile.jpg

Toyota-FT-HS-detroit.jpg

Looks like another military stealth project IMO

If Toyota makes anything that isn't 2 door, 4 seat and hatchback, under any name, there is no reason to equate it to a Supra.

The car above was one of the concept vehicles at the NAIAS. When it was debuted, it was quoted as being the first performance hybrid, with an electric motor adding significant power to its specs. Several automotive news prints have been quoted saying that the production model will actually use the synergy hybrid drive line. Other cool things are full drive by wire including steering, so the steering system will closely resemble your xbox force feedback steering wheels.

WTF is the point of steer by wire? What benefit would it give you? If your car dies, you lose the ability to maneuver. Idiots.

yeah i heard they were puttin a souped-up hybrid in it somewheres along the way....

I still say my 8 yr old could have made something more asthetically pleasing with his Play-Doh supply^_^

i dunno guys.... the whole ridges and angles concept has gone a little too far and I'm thinkin' that the only car that does that exterior style any justice is a newer CTS-V

Back