2009 Blackfriday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sticking thread for the rest of the week! let's get those sales posted folks!

$78 blue ray FTW

Attachments

• walmart-page-1.jpg
    walmart-page-1.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 321
fuck black friday at wal mart. i'd rather take my chances surviving swine flu.

rednecks + sales = complete and utter chaos

i hate wal mart.

Last edited:
alright, you have 3 posts in here saying fuck black friday
we get the idea
you see the title on the thread, why not just ignore it if you feel so strongly and stop cluttering it?

i've seen a couple 50" plasma 720's under $700 bucks
EDIT: walmart 720p 50" sanyo plasma for 598.

still waiting to see a nice 42" 1080 under $500, not looking good so far

Last edited:
Anyone catch the first scene to Lie To Me last night?

That's what I think of every time I think about black friday.

I'm working 4am-4pm at Kohl's on Friday and then 8pm-12am at J.Crew and then I have work again at 6am at Kohl's the next day xD. I'm excited. It'll definitely be a hell of an experience since I never plan to go Blackfriday shopping myself.

250 for a 32" tv...

Hmmmm might be worth it for me.

I love how they make it seem like such a deal, it's only because the new models are coming out in like a month or two so they need to get rid of the old stock

people are talking about best buy having unadvertised black friday deals like they did last year
they need to do something because everyone else is killing them on tv's

I'm waiting for a company like best buy to do a half assed black friday where all they do is open early, not even have any major sales just open at 3am or whenever

If someone like Best Buy did their Black friday sale a week before everyone else, they'd kill the competition.

hi kids. here is my contribution since you all bitched about me posting my hatred of black friday.

black-friday-wallmart_54hx305w.jpg

Walmart's selection boasts a slew of cheap games -- many well under $20 -- and although you're not going to find a discounted console, you will very likely find a tempting bundle deal. Our favorite: get a PS3 with Infamous, Batman: Arkham Asylum and The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray for $299, a savings of nearly $150. Even playboy millionaire Bruce Wayne would be tempted by that deal. On the 360, Walmart's selling the basic console plus Madagascar 2 (the game) and two Madagascar DVDs for $199. That's about a $100 saving. It's good value...if you really like Madagascar.
Hardware deals:

• PS3 bundle: Infamous, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Dark Knight on Blu-Ray: $299
  • Xbox 360 Arcade bundle: Madagascar 2, Madagascar 1 and 2 on DVD :$199
  • Nintendo DS Lite - $98
Games:

black-friday-best-buy_54hx305w.jpg

Best Buy is the place to go for good deals on newer games: they're selling many of the year's best titles at just $34.99. Console bundles don't quite match up to Walmart's selection, unless you're buying a PS3 for a family; Best Buy's bundled games are more kid-friendly. Also, if you've been wondering what all the World of Warcraft fuss is about, you can pick up this PC phenomenon for under $5.
Hardware deals:

• DSi bundle: buy any system, get a $20 gift card
  • PS3 bundle: a PS3, LittleBigPlanet, and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - $299.99
  • Xbox 360 bundle: an Elite 120GB system with six games (including Ghost Recon 2, Lego Batman, and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows) - $299.99
Games:

black-friday-gamestop_54hx305w.jpg

You might expect dedicated games retailer Gamestop to have the best Black Friday savings, but this year at least, you'd be wrong. Still, they have a nice selection of recent hits at under $40, including Forza 3, Guitar Hero 5, and Halo 3: ODST, and should have shorter lines and less chaos than the big retailers. They're also offering a buy-two, get-one-free deal on used games, which could well yield good deals if your local store has plenty of stock.
Games:

black-friday-toysrus_54hx305w.jpg

Toys R Us has a smaller selection of deals than other stores, but nonetheless there's still a few quality games going cheap -- and if you're looking for an extra Xbox 360 guitar controller, it's the place to be. They're also cutting prices on Wii, DS, and PSP accessories, although we don't yet have specific details.
black-friday-target_54hx305w.jpg

Go game shopping at Target on Black Friday, and you're probably going to walk away with a pocketful of gift cards. The store's giving them away in various denominations with DSi or Xbox 360 purchases, and with a handful of the year's better games.
Hardware:

• DSi bundle: buy any DSi, get a $20 gift card
  • Xbox 360 bundle: an Xbox 360 Elite, 2 controllers, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and a $50 gift card: $399.99
Games:

Unadvertised Black Friday Prices on Panasonic HDTVs These savings are available early, so take advantage!

• TC-P50X1 50" Class 720p plasma HDTV:
    Only $797.99, plus free shipping. Save $202.

• TC-P50S1 50" Class 1080p plasma HDTV:
    Only $897.99, plus free shipping. Save $502.
  • TC-P50G10 50" Class 1080p plasma HDTV:
    Only $1,299.99, plus free shipping. Save $300.
  • TC-P58S1 58" Class 1080p plasma HDTV: Only $1,497.99, plus free shipping. Save $800.
  • TC-P65S1 65" Class 1080p plasma HDTV: Only $2,499.99, plus free shipping. Save $700.
TVs | TV & Video : Unadvertised_Panasonic_Prices - BestBuy

Back