2009 Caddy CTS-V

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not much bang in the altima 3.5L? You mean the class leading power isn't much bang? Sure its not a pure out sports car, but then again I am going to have a big boy job where I need to visit clients on a daily basis and drive quite a bit - it wouldn't make sense financially or from a comfort aspect to buy an all out sports car.

used 350Z > > > altima 2d

Not much bang in the altima 3.5L? You mean the class leading power isn't much bang? Sure its not a pure out sports car, but then again I am going to have a big boy job where I need to visit clients on a daily basis and drive quite a bit - it wouldn't make sense financially or from a comfort aspect to buy an all out sports car.

If you read clearly, you would understand that I was talking about bang for the buck. I know you don't like me, but I love a good discussion with some aggression... See you out there champ...

If you read clearly, you would understand that I was talking about bang for the buck. I know you don't like me, but I love a good discussion with some aggression... See you out there champ...

You said "not much bang", not much bang for the buck. Either way, the Altima has a lot of bang for the buck, being a cheap econo car that has quite a bit of power and luxury. It baffles my mind when you say things like this when I would consider the Altima to be one of the best deals out there. My friends father decided against the 335i because he couldn't justify the cost, when he could buy the Altima with the 3.5L engine, leather everything, sunroof, heated seats, nav., etc., etc. for $15,000 cheaper. He actually downgraded from the maxima he had been driving, into the Altima.

Last edited:
used 350Z > > > altima 2d

I thought about it and we'll have to see.

350Z's insurance < Altima 2d

Interest rate on a loan on a new car > Interest rate on a loan on a used car

All the new gadgets and luxury of the Altima > older 350Z.

I might also need the 4doors to carry a client around. I'll definitely have to get some insurance quotes and figure out exactly how much each car is going to cost. In a few months, the interest rate on a loan may not matter and I may be able to just buy a car outright with cash. Buying in cash would eliminate any added expenses with higher interest rates and would give me much more room to negogiate.

I just picked up an 08 Altima 2.5S (4 door) today as a rental, It has a keyless push button start, WHY THE HELL did they not have keyless/buttonless locks? it should unlock as you walk up to it. Maybe it does but the feature isn't turned on?

Powersteering is super over kill, I feel like I'm driving on air. Tap the wheel and it turns. I think its even worse then a stock Civic LX. I really dislike that, seats, they don't fit my body well, too much lower back support, however the interior is pretty nice for its class.

If I could get a 350Z for 18-20K on an Altima 2 door for 25K or whatever they're going for, I wouldn't think twice about what to get.

Check on the insurance I bet the Z isn't as high as you think it is, in fact the new 2 door altima might be more then an older Z since new altima parts are not sitting around in junk yards, Z might be cheaper.

If I had to get an Altima, I'd skip over the new 2 door and pick up a used SE-R those cars are pretty darn nice.

I dig the last generation SE-R.

Anyone know the specs? They look great, and have a great style to them.

Although not confirmed as the fastest lap any sedan has ever run on the Nürburgring,

There you have it. It's unconfirmed. I checked the 'ring records too, no records there. So don't get too excited. I won't get into how people "time" their laps. Mainly because there's toll-ticket booth thing at the entrance, to keep people from going around the 'ring more times than they've paid for. Imagine a toll-road for a second, there you go.

And, uh, rollcage? I'm sure they just welded that puppy in without touching any of the engine components.

Sorry, but I'm really a skeptic when it comes to these headlines of "NEW FASTEST NUERBURGRING CAR RECORD! COMPLETELY STOCK!" Uh, whatever. You're telling me that a 550hp CTS is going to beat a tuned GT-spec Audi A8? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

When the times GM is reporting aren't official, how can anyone compare anything. What you want are: average speed, top speed, average corner entry, average corner exit, and average straight speed. Then, and only then you can compare cars in the same class. A Carrera will beat you on the corners, which is where nuerburgring is the toughest. The car that was run on Nuerburgring had a full roll-cage. Makes me wonder what other modifications were made to it just for the sake of publicity. I seem to remember a few weeks back Chevvy claiming a top Nuerburgring record too. Looks like claiming to have a new record without substantiating evidence, or even official times is the new fad for the American auto industry.

I posted that on the GM blog, let's see if it gets approved.
Cadillac Drivers' Log: 2009 CTS- V Blisters Nurburgring

Back