2009 Corvette ZR1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

They have been Monoleaf transversely mounted springs since the C2 if I remember correctly.

They have been fiberglass since the C4

Corvette leaf spring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Image:Leafs2.jpg

thank you i only remove about 2 per day to get the trans out. o yea did you know that the trans is in the back on the c5 and c6 corvettes

and just so you know that are fiberglass leaf springs available for many applications because they are light you moron and did you know that the z06 and zr1 have aluminum frames and magnesium controll arms

I think some of the astro vans also have fiberglass rear leafs..

Gauntlet thrown: Corvette ZR1 laps the 'Ring in 7:26.4

Posted Jun 27th 2008 12:20PM by Damon Lavrinc
Filed under: Supercars, Chevrolet

Click above for a high-res gallery of the Corvette ZR1.

Tadge J. Juechter, Corvette's chief engineer, announced this morning that Jim Mero, GM's development engineer, drove the ZR1 around the Nurburgring in 7:26.4. According to the GMNext blog, the run took place earlier this morning and that conditions were good on the track, with the exception of a strong headwind down the main straight. Mero mentioned that he felt there were a few places where he could have gone faster, although no details were provided about why and where.

Juechter makes it clear that the ZR1 that lapped the 'Ring was instock trim, with the exception of safety and communications equipment. As such, the ZR1 was wearing the same Michelin Pilot Sport 2s found on the production model, the chassis alignment and vehicle height were set to factory specs and the unmodified engine was running on pump gas.

The lap began with a rolling start – which falls in line with current industry practices – and the time was confirmed both through an electronic timing system and two hand-held stopwatches. The ZR1 team will be posting a video of their run when they return from Germany and we'll be keeping our eye out for it when it's online the week of July 7th.

Top tip Mason!
Try getting your 500hp Civic to lap the 'Ring in that time...

Last edited:
The very first ZR1 that was/will be sold off the production line was/is lamons (sp?) blue and it will be the only ZR1 of that color.

Paint is 60k a gallon

Last edited:
Back