200whp by NA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Circuit

As the topic says... is it doable to get 200whp out of a B18B without turbo, super, or nos... if so how? :unsure:

it prolly can't... what do you guys think is the best way to get 200whp out of a B18B... my options right now are either NA, Greddy turbo, or Supercharger. Why greddy turbo? because it's legal and will pass the CARB test I gotta take evey year ;(

Originally posted by Circuit@Nov 1 2003, 11:20 PM
As the topic says... is it doable to get 200whp out of a B18B without turbo, super, or nos... if so how? :unsure:

it prolly can't... what do you guys think is the best way to get 200whp out of a B18B... my options right now are either NA, Greddy turbo, or Supercharger. Why greddy turbo? because it's legal and will pass the CARB test I gotta take evey year ;(

i forgot what i was going to say\

but oh yeah, if u have enough money than you can do it

you can do anything with an unlimited budget. tell us how much you have and we can tell you how much you can do.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Nov 2 2003, 06:50 AM
one of the mags built a B16a1 that put out 200+whp. their goal was to make 200whp with it all-motor.

You know I asked if that could be done and everyone said fuck no it couldn't.

Weird. <_<

I believe Sport Compact or Turbo, are doing an article and are at 197.6 or something, a B18B. Check it out. But yea its doable

yeh, it's turbo magazine... they have part IV of their website... now to try to track down 1 2 and 3 to see how they did it...

compression, cams, and headwork headwork headwork.

money money and more money.

NA. the expensive way to go slow :D

I know you know your shit pissedoff so I'll take your word on that... what do you think is the most cost efficient way of getting 200whp out of my B18B while keeping it street legal? :worthy:

unhook the turbo? will that be easy to do? may I remind you that I am a complete and total dumbass when it comes to this... I have no experience with it what so ever... :D

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Nov 2 2003, 04:07 AM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 2 2003, 01:58 AM
rixXxceboy
@Nov 2 2003, 06:50 AM
one of the mags built a B16a1 that put out 200+whp. their goal was to make 200whp with it all-motor.

You know I asked if that could be done and everyone said fuck no it couldn't.

Weird. <_<

thats exactly why they decided to do it :D

haha yeah yeah.

I guess it'd be more feasible in a B18 than it would in a B16.

Originally posted by Circuit@Nov 4 2003, 08:44 AM
unhook the turbo? will that be easy to do? may I remind you that I am a complete and total dumbass when it comes to this... I have no experience with it what so ever... :D

no, unhook the naaawwwws (nitrous system).

ohh I see... none the less... turbo = better then "naaawwws" cuz I don't have to refill my turbo! anyways... you brought up a good point... I could just unhook the turbo whenever I go for inspections... I wonder if that would screw anything up... :unsure:

it can be done like the guys mentioned about the article in SCC.... they spent a RETARDED amount of money to be just about at 200whp imo..... turbo me

Unhooking a turbo and going back to N/A would be time consuming, but probably not to hard. Only problem you would have would be the tuning. The tuning on the turbo would probably be way to Fat for an N/A application. You'd probably want 11:1-12:1 A/F ratio and less timing for the turbo tune, while the N/A tune would have 13:1-14:1 A/F and a bit more timing. The motor would run, but probably not that well, probably wouldn't pass a smog sniffer.

yeah 200 whp All motor is not THAT hard...i mean my friend is running a type R that is making 205 with skunk cams, I/H/E, and the JG manifold...not that hard...type R head is only a mild port and the compression isn't even really that high...

Back