2010 Ford Taurus SHO

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you haven't washed your car since june 2007?

wtf. i've even washed my truck a few times since then. lol

I drive my car between 2-3 times a week, then it rains and dust is right back on it. I got bored with trying to keep a black car clean.

Ironically I still get compliments on it. lol

I may be wrong here, (I'm not, spend two years on a Mustang board and you'll see) but when someone buys a heavy car with massive power like a new SHO, they're not looking to corner.
Somewhat true, though not entirely (I'll get into that more later), but I think Ford is trying to sell the cars as being competitive with said cars. So the argument is valid. Really if you could get a stripped down version or as was also pointed out stick the ecoboost 6 in a Fusion or Focus I'd look more into it. but until then if I want a domestic performance sedan I'd go for a G8 GT. But I guess I'd have to pick one up soon or go used. (RIP)

Ok back to earlier part; My Camaro at over 3000lbs is in no way a light car. But it performed ok out of the factory in the corners. In fact I think I remember hearing it out handled the Vette of the same year. But anywayif I didnt want it to corner I wouldnt have wasted my money on a tubular K member, adjustable damn near everything, big sway bars, big brakes, and components creating better geometry. I want my cars to do it all and do it all well. Maybe thats too much to ask. :D

I know you guys enjoy cornering a lot, but not everyone buys the car for its cornering abilities/lack there of. :)
Its not like its that fast in the straight line either though. So all it really covers is possible potential to (after some mods) being relatively quick. Not ney-saying it. But saying I can see others points.

I drive my car between 2-3 times a week, then it rains and dust is right back on it. I got bored with trying to keep a black car clean.

Ironically I still get compliments on it. lol
:werd:
I havent washed mine since spring. I only drive it when its raining and I cant ride the gixxer. But when I took it to work Friday night a security guard pulled up next to me. I thought I was going to get hassled but he just wanted to compliment me on the car and ask where I got my wheels painted. I replied $5 can of flat black from auto zone and some painters tape did the trick.

Last edited:
I completely see their/your POVs, I'm just saying that I think it'd sell well because the market is full of people with money who want the power to go fast straight and don't really care about hairpins and autocrossing.

If I was in the market for a new car, I'd compile a list of what I want to go look at and this SHO would be on there.

Before I bought the Si, I had 20 cars on my list and I looked at 15 of them with my dad the day we drove around town.

99% of the reason I settled on the Si is because of the nostalgia of driving my brothers Red EM1 in Kansas in 01. Nostalgia is going to play a huge roll in the SHO selling.

Last edited:
At least you've got a storied reason. I only bought mine because I was moving to Chicago just as winter started so it was FWD or AWD, I needed gas mileage to drive back and forth to C-Bus, and I wouldnt be caught dead in a Cavalier or Sunfire, even with the Ecotec. But a base model would'nt do as I cant be bored in what I drive. I'd consider the SHO, but end up with a STi or something.

Last edited:
You dont even have to go to the ZR1 to make that Argument...The Base Corvette smokes cars that are 5 times its price...let alone the Z06 or the ZR1
Corvettes are the exception to what I said.

I completely see their/your POVs, I'm just saying that I think it'd sell well because the market is full of people with money who want the power to go fast straight and don't really care about hairpins and autocrossing.

I have a hard time seeing that person buying an SHO when there's another car on the market called a Camaro.

we'll see.

I have a hard time seeing that person buying an SHO when there's another car on the market called a Camaro.

we'll see.
Apples and oranges really. AWD 4dr vs RWD 2dr.
The G8 GT or even GXP would be a better comparison, Which IIRC is going to be the new Impala when it's ported over to Chevrolet from Pontiac

Last edited:
The G8 and the Camaro share the same platform. It would still be (in your words) apples to oranges.

Yes, I'm aware they share the Zeta platform. But at least the G8 is closer to a competitor being a sedan instead of a coupe.

I'm not a fan. Personally I think the design is too busy, and there are certain elements to its design that make it look pretentious and cheap. At $38K, I would say that it will have a tough time defending itself against venerable competitors such as the BMW 3-series, Lexus IS, even Cadillac's CTS will give it a more then compelling run for the money. The American consumer doesn't care too much about size in this price category, suddenly the argument is about prestige, and I hate to say it, but Ford is in short supply of that. Plus the gimmick of "SHO", as opposed to "S.H.O" seems like a cheap moniker, and foolish to me, it sounds terrible coming from my television. I'm sure the car salesman will pitch it differently.

The downfall is definately the price on the SHO, even the Base Taurus SE is $26k granted its a 3.5 V6 263hp base engine, The Camry's 3.5 V6 starts at around the same $25,513 and the Nissan Altima 3.5V6 starts around $25,995 and Accords 3.5V6 for $27,315......Its gonna be tough to move out the base model Taurus with the competition

Apples and oranges really. AWD 4dr vs RWD 2dr.
The G8 GT or even GXP would be a better comparison, Which IIRC is going to be the new Impala when it's ported over to Chevrolet from Pontiac

2000SI said

Originally Posted by 2000Si

Just pointing out another car that IMO will out sell the SHO zero doubt.

You're forgetting people who have major issues with abandoning the whole 'brand loyalty' thing.

Yeah, but you can get a nice mustang for that price... Why would you go with a taurus when you can buy a mustang?

I dunno, talk to the Ford brand loyal nostalgic SHO enthusiasts.

I believe it will sell.

Yeah, but you can get a nice mustang for that price... Why would you go with a taurus when you can buy a mustang?
Different market. Some people are more interested in a sedan with some power than a mustang. Plus it's not necessary, but some people prefer/need AWD for their climate.

They will roll a couple thousand units for certan. But its like a harley thing. Its a piece of shit with some brand loyalty glued to it.

Back