2010 insight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't know why everyone's acting like they're so surprised by this. All the car companies are pushing bland-looking hybrids these days. Green is in. Introducing new sports cars? Not so much...

I don't know if anyone's as much surprised as annoyed that people are kind of calling this the new CRX as misguided as they may be.

i dont have any comment on the cars honda puts out for the next 3 years...ill be patiently waiting for a 300hp turbo R series civic lol

my 91 bone stock crx dx with 260,000 miles on it is better on gas mileage than the 2010 insight OR prius. and it's hella cute. :D

so yeah i'll bow out of this convo.

Their not cute, their adorable! =D

The original Insight>>>>2010 Insight. The original Insight seems like it was actually based off of the 88-91 CRXs.

The older CRXs get good mileage because they lack many things that later cars have(mainly safety and comfort). Also, I'm willing to bet the hybrids get much better city MPG.

Last edited:
adorable... ya thats better..... so i think we need to petition or something because i do feel like im in a blender of horrer and blandness? but i mean seriouly make a cool looking car something with both form and function jesus! crx crx crx! not this insight thing. truely a disgrace

I understand green is in but they could at least attempt to make it look halfway decent if I am going to spend 20 grand on something that gets slightly better millage.

For that matter, driving a hybrid is about making yourself feel better and broadcasting to the world that you love Mother Earth. They look the way they do in part because they have looked that way in the past.

I really hope that Tesla Motors gets a chance to make their el cheapo sedan.

tesla motor like the thing that runs on varing tempratures and expantion?
my 1987 rex is still stock wieght it has every original part gasket tire everything

Last edited:
tesla motor like the thing that runs on varing tempratures and expantion?
my 1987 rex is still stock wieght it has every original part gasket tire everything

Tesla Motors as in Tesla Motors

As an aside, did you mean a Tesla Coil that used to generate very high voltage, low current, high frequency alternating current electricity?

safety standards have ruined fuel economy.

12321 air bags
WAY stiffer/more metal needed
all the electronics, etc etc.

and thus, weight is up, fuel mileage is down.

if honda released a CRX HF as it was in 1989, they would sell 15 of them. 12 of them have posted in this thread.

WE (read, honda swappers) are NOT the majority unfortunately. So, they will continue to make lame ass cars for lame ass people and eventually go out of business when Hundai kicks their ass.

oh wait, Hundai is ALREADY kicking Honda's ass.... wait till 2015.

safety standards have ruined fuel economy.

12321 air bags
WAY stiffer/more metal needed
all the electronics, etc etc.

and thus, weight is up, fuel mileage is down.

if honda released a CRX HF as it was in 1989, they would sell 15 of them. 12 of them have posted in this thread.

WE (read, honda swappers) are NOT the majority unfortunately. So, they will continue to make lame ass cars for lame ass people and eventually go out of business when Hundai kicks their ass.

oh wait, Hundai is ALREADY kicking Honda's ass.... wait till 2015.

:werd:Hyundai really impressed me with the Genesis Coupe (along with a large number of enthusiasts.) They've come a long way from the POS Accent or at least shown their ability to. If they keep engineering cars at that level a lot of companies are gonna have some stiff competition...

:werd:Hyundai really impressed me with the Genesis Coupe (along with a large number of enthusiasts.) They've come a long way from the POS Accent or at least shown their ability to. If they keep engineering cars at that level a lot of companies are gonna have some stiff competition...

You still have to buy their sports-car-model to get a manual transmission.

Back