2010 Kia Forte Koup Review

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

when you drive a TL does it miraculously shed: 2 doors, 600lbs of weight, 13 inches of length, and gain at least 6mpg??

I managed 28MPG on my last trip to Canada, not bad for a 270hp car.

If you want small then TSX with a 6 speed, Civic SI, Nissan Altma coupe, Mini cooper S, BMW Z4.

So many things are options if you get past that *must buy new* thing.

I know I don't have to, but I also know what I like that I have driven and what is to big of a car for what I want. And think about the price of all the things you listed and think about a 19 year olds insurance premium, no thanks.

I know I don't have to, but I also know what I like that I have driven and what is to big of a car for what I want. And think about the price of all the things you listed and think about a 19 year olds insurance premium, no thanks.

I had an A4 at 19 and a 350Z at 20 what was that about insurance? I went from a 95 Civic DX to the A4 only to have my rates lower.........

P.S unless you drove a TL with a 6 speed you never really drove a TL.

Auto TLs feel poopy

buy a Subaru!!! :lol:

this.

also, it seems that he has made up his mind.
no point in trying to talk him out of it. maybe he'll change his mind, maybe he wont.
either way, my gf's uncle told her once "everybody should buy a car brand new at least once. just because."
he's right, the investment sucks but its nice knowing that you are the only one to have owned that car.

but, (even though i didnt buy the new car,she did) i will never buy a new car again. unless im loaded. even then, its iffy.

but, just do research and make sure its the investment (loss) that you want to be paying on for the next 3 to 5 years.
good luck.

if i HAD to buy a NEW car right now, it would probably be the Kia Koup.
Honda and Toyota have been on the downward slide for years while Hyundai and Kia have been getting better.
i have always favored the smaller 2 door cars, going from 3 series BMW's to Honda Civics.

I still have a wreck and ticket on my record...

More reason to buy something used with the money you have saved up then you could get just basic insurance coverage and save shitloads of money over the years.

Although going from a Civic DX to an Audi A4 my insurance dropped...

No. I just think if you are going to spring for a new car and all of the expenses that come with it, it should be something other than a Kia. Just a feeling I have...

Just because Kia is one of the only car brands that can beat out a GM for resale value? In a bad way.

I think buying a new car at 19 is stupid, I also think buying most any new car outside of a super car, or specialty car is stupid.

Everyone says they're going to keep their car for a long time. It almost never happens, hell I said I'd never sell my turbo civic, sure enough I drove an Audi A4 around for awhile and shortly after I had one. bye bye civic!

weird how life works.

Yes the same thing can be said of houses. People buy their dream home and are convinced it is an "investment" but they never pay it off and keep moving so they basically pay interest on each house for 10 years at a time and, considering all the other costs of home ownership, would have been better off renting.

Yes the same thing can be said of houses. People buy their dream home and are convinced it is an "investment" but they never pay it off and keep moving so they basically pay interest on each house for 10 years at a time and, considering all the other costs of home ownership, would have been better off renting.

That's why you must time the market right so you gain 100% of your money every 3 years of owning it! duuh

I have a buddy selling a cherry 2006 MX5 with a bunch of extras (he's one of the fastest time attack guys in the country, not in that car though) for $13.5k.

A great example of a great car for a great price...and it is not a Kia so you might actually get laid...

For Sale:
2006 MX-5 Sport, 6-speed manual
Triple Black (cloth interior)
Power everything, cruise control, keyless entry, ABS, HIDs
40K miles, still under Mazda factory warranty
Oil changed every 3-4k miles with synthetic and Mazda filters
Fresh Royal Purple in the transmission and differential

Priced at $13,500 (under KBB)

Modifications:
- 16x8 FD RX-7 wheels with 225/50 Bridgestone RE-01Rs
- Endura Tech coilovers (9kg F/5kg R spring rates)
- Progress Technology adjustable front RX-8 swaybar
- stock resonator removed from mid-pipe
- Factory black roll hoop covers
- Goodwin Racing Roadstersport dual exhaust (including 2 sets of silencers)
- K&N drop-in filter
- Mazdaspeed competition clutch differential (LSD)

I don't have pictures or a VIN yet, so I'm not going to post it up in the general FS section- but if you're interested let me know.

Jesus fucking christ you guys are just dickish.....What is wrong with a 19 year old buying a new car? First off, its a great way to establish your credit. Second, even if it's a mistake, better to do at age 19 then age 39 where he would have plenty of time to fix it. He also has plenty of time to start saving and worry about retirement.

I say good for you man if you like the car. I like it, it's nice looking. I'm not going to lie and say i'd get one cause for 18k there are allot of nice used cars out there I would rather have. But you do what works best for you. Post pics!

Back