2010 Kia Forte Koup Review

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jesus fucking christ you guys are just dickish.....What is wrong with a 19 year old buying a new car? First off, its a great way to establish your credit. Second, even if it's a mistake, better to do at age 19 then age 39 where he would have plenty of time to fix it. He also has plenty of time to start saving and worry about retirement.

Car loan for a $19 new car will build or break his credit no different then a $19K used car.

Hell for once I can say this... I'd rather buy a corvette. :ph34r:

Jesus fucking christ you guys are just dickish.....What is wrong with a 19 year old buying a new car? First off, its a great way to establish your credit. Second, even if it's a mistake, better to do at age 19 then age 39 where he would have plenty of time to fix it. He also has plenty of time to start saving and worry about retirement.

I say good for you man if you like the car. I like it, it's nice looking. I'm not going to lie and say i'd get one cause for 18k there are allot of nice used cars out there I would rather have. But you do what works best for you. Post pics!

Rep for you

I have almost two years of running credit, with a credit score of 710....

and I'm glad YOU would rather buy a corvette, but this is MY purchase... so....

710 should allow you to get a loan at most any bank, go get your loan ahead of time, then you can walk in with money already in your hand and tell them how much you're willing to pay.

I wouldn't leave for anything more then 2K under sticker price OTD

shit man with a 710 you should be able to get a prrovewd on any new subaru at 2.9% for 60 months.......

seriously though, it's HS, your gonna get glamed by someone

good luck with your purchase. It's a nice looking car and wish you the best of luck.

is a 710 something to brag about?
did i miss something? :ph34r:

710 for a 19 year old? i would say thats dam good. Credit is everything, i mena everything,

Side note, you see that new movie coming out? where they give you new body parts if your credit is good? then take it back if you dont make payments, looks sick

In all fairness, he never asked for anyone's opinion. Although by posting it on a public forum, he opened himself up to it.

Nonetheless, I say go for it. When you get it let me know so I can roll through your city and clean up all the pussy you didn't get because you were driving a KIA roflroflroflrofl jk

I say buy it! It's a sexy car, I'd rock it.

You need to weigh your actual credit and forget about crdeit scores. My 809 did nothing when I got my car loan - it was merely a formality to look it up. More important is how much you're bringing in and what's going out (debt, rent, what they ask you for). Even an 850 is going to get you laughed at when you're only making 500/mo and want to get a 10k+ car loan.

debt to income ratio isnt as important in buying as car as it is when buying a house.. he'll be fine

Who are you gonna trust, your own decision making ability, or the internet?

Kia is stepping up their game like Hyundai is ..

Werd. They are buying themselves into the market. You get alot of car for the money right now. The styling is nice too. Hopefully long term durability and resale values climb. I'm guessing it will. Honda did the same thing in the late 80's, early 90's. Worked for us.

....I wouldn't leave for anything more then 2K under sticker price OTD

it depends on the Brand. Unlike GM many cars out there dont that kind of markup. I learned that here at Subaru.

there is a reason we dont have Subaru's at Hertze or have huge 'rebates'. For our Brand there might be $1500 markup depending on the model. once you start competing with other Subaru dealers we end up selling them at maybe 800 over. hell we usually sell our cars at 500 over if it's a base impreza or repeat customer.

OP: when shopping for cars the best thing to do is shop around other kia dealerships to see who gives you the best deal.

Dont listen to consumerreports.com or other crappy website that claim to know it all. they mean well so treat them like guidelines. but they also exaggerate on what you need to pay as well.

we had one customer wanting to pay below invoice out the door just because consumer reports said so........

Back