2010 Kia Forte Koup Review

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it depends on the Brand. Unlike GM many cars out there dont that kind of markup. I learned that here at Subaru.

I don't care what company it is, if someone is buying a car, then selling it, there's a mark up somewhere.

Everything has a markup unless you're buying from the manufacturer themselves. I can see trying to get the best deal but do you haggle in the grocery store? It's the same principle.

do you haggle in the grocery store? It's the same principle.

The only reason I don't is because no one in the store has the authority to lower the price. Any sale where you deal with a sales-person is open for haggling.

I don't care what company it is, if someone is buying a car, then selling it, there's a mark up somewhere.

which is why I recommended visiting other Kia dealerships. you cant go in there playing hardball thinking your gonna get a 2k discount on a car with may 1k markup.
If you do, you're not only going to look like dumbass but some dealerships will say, ''sorry we can't help you'' and your stuck at the mecy what they tell you they will do it for.

If the dealership knows you havent done your research they wont negotiate to sell.

if you have an idea of how much they sell for you can walk in there knowing the ballpark figures.

Last edited:
when i was 19 i bought a brand new dodge power wagon, about 32k...now that was a mistake! i think buying an affordable car that gets good mileage, good warranty, and decent insurance is a good life expiriance that you will learne alot from. listen to what people have to say(you already are), but take it with a grain of salt and make the desicion that fits you best. i like the car too...actually pretty sexy for a kia

A good haggler/bullshitter would never betray that information to a salesman.

man i've had people say...

I'll give you 6k cash out the door for that car you got listed for 10k.

I said thanks and moved on to next customer. I knew he hadnt done his research and just wanted to low ball. why will i waste my time negotiating? Trust me I can smell a bull shitter/haggler a mile way. there's a difference between negotiating and haggling.

I've also had people say they like it but want it a little too much for the monthly payment they want to be in. If i can get them close enought by reducing the car a little bit i'll do it. of course there's a profit that needs to be made but it's great to know that we're not only are gonna stay in business, we also got someone into a car they loved at the price they afford.

back to the topic

I like the car, buy it if you can afford it, just make sure it's the best place to buy and the salesperson/dealership offers excellent customer service.

Last edited:
man i've had people say...

I'll give you 6k cash out the door for that car you got listed for 10k.
so that was a trade in there? and yall prolly gave what, 5 grand for it?

Last edited:
6K on a 10K car is almost 50% off with tax tags and so on that would be 50% if not more

asking 17K OTD for a 19K car is VERY doable.

You're talking to the guy that guys a lot of chit =)

mehh it's doable for GM products...:p

not with Subaru's thats for sure.
Hell here in florida you got 7.5% in taxes that you have to pay!

And thats exactly what I've done, and I've done well over the amount of research most people have on the car and pricing at different dealerships, and thanks Klyph for pointing that out, I trust my decision making ability because I know that I am responsible and mature enough to take on a car payment and not have to worry about me being an idiot for doing so :) I'm going to wait until probably around august or september to get it because I have training starting in early june that doesn't end until the end of september which I won't need a car during and plus itll be the time when everyone wants to move old models for the new 2011's and they might dish out an extra couple bucks off or offer lower financing. But nonetheless, the Kia Forte Koup is the car I have decided on end of story, and I'm happy with that decision.

by then you can get it cheaper.. the 2011's will be coming out and they'll be wanting to get rid of the 2010s on the lot..

so that was a trade in there? and yall prolly gave what, 5 grand for it?

while there is more profit on used cars, it doesnt matter.

would you sell a k20 motor for 1k just because you paid 800 bucks? didn't think so. You would check to see what the going rate on those motors are and sell it at the most competitive rate possible.

new cars a diferent thats for. we all know. I just wanted to point out that it was obvious the person had no research behind his offer. He didn't see we had the lowest price within 100 miles. he just went in thinking we would bend over backwards because he had 'cash'

Last edited:
And thats exactly what I've done, and I've done well over the amount of research most people have on the car and pricing at different dealerships, and thanks Klyph for pointing that out, I trust my decision making ability because I know that I am responsible and mature enough to take on a car payment and not have to worry about me being an idiot for doing so :) I'm going to wait until probably around august or september to get it because I have training starting in early june that doesn't end until the end of september which I won't need a car during and plus itll be the time when everyone wants to move old models for the new 2011's and they might dish out an extra couple bucks off or offer lower financing. But nonetheless, the Kia Forte Koup is the car I have decided on end of story, and I'm happy with that decision.

or until another good deal comes up on another car...:D

good luck man. glad to see your doing the research.

6K on a 10K car is almost 50% off with tax tags and so on that would be 50% if not more

asking 17K OTD for a 19K car is VERY doable.

You're talking to the guy that guys a lot of chit =)

off topic: I got pics for you on my DIY flooring installation. wanting to post it up on your site if i could.

My site is for cooking I just happened to post my flooring install there, you can post anything you want on my site. however doesn't B have a home modder website or something?

There's also a gallery on my site, you can upload any misses taco pics you want, plus you can even lock your gallery.

My site is for cooking I just happened to post my flooring install there, you can post anything you want on my site. however doesn't B have a home modder website or something?

There's also a gallery on my site, you can upload any misses taco pics you want, plus you can even lock your gallery.
i dont understand how this is relavent?

Back