1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 oem Civic ex radio into lx

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by rhaile, Sep 29, 2012.

1. rhaile

rhaile New Member

I just purchased a 2010 civic LX, I would like to add XM to system using a Honda accessorys listed in Honda instruction publication 42481. The instruction document list only EX and EX-L in the application box.

Any one know if XM will work with a LX radio? If not can I swap a radio unit out of an EX into my LX then install the XM pieces and have it work?

Thanks

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

There is nothing you can't do on a car. I don't have any advice, or knowledge in this area other than you can do it encouraging words.

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

your LX radio probably doesn't support it. Swap in the EX radio and grab that antenna accessory. Not sure if the radio will need a code.

4. xj0hnx

I thought all Honda factory radios used codes. But it should be on the back of the radio, someone was really thinking ahead on that anti-theft measure.

5. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

It won't be on the back of the radio. It should be on a card in the glove box along with the owners manual. My guess is that the LX stereo is cheapened out and doesn't have the inputs for the XM. Get an EX stereo or aftermarket.

6. xj0hnx

Yea, that's right. When I got my 99 someone doofus at a stereo shop told me it was on the back, took it all out, and found it wasn't then found it on the card in the owners manual. How foggy the past seems.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted